Perfect amp for those Minimus 7's that everyone loves??

Thanks for posting, Jerry.

I've got this amp. I also got the Minimus 7s.

A good amp, but only 2 watts per channel. It's often miss-sold as 20 wpc, but, alas, it is truly 2 wpc only. Not a great match, in my opinion, for the Minimus 7.

Polk R-15s will work better with it- more efficient.

But a 15wpc Sonic T amp can be had for around $30, off the 'Bay, and it can be powered by a battery.

The sonic T has been used to sucessfully run ADS L810s- something I feel the SA-155 couldn't sucessfully do.

onplane said:
Probably the smallest integrated amp ... ever!!

The perect amp for Minimus 7s was this Aiwa A-60 I got to go with my Audiosouce LS-Ones (an "upmarket" Minimus 7). 30 wpc rms, plus a special bass contour (not "loudness") to be used with mini-speakers.

Attachments

• Aiwa A 60 int.jpg
    Aiwa A 60 int.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 2,157
When the Minimus 7's were first introduced, Radio Shack offered a matching receiver that included switchable bass contour and both RCA and DIN jacks. It had a sleek European look with a cool bright green meter and matching analog AM-FM dial scale.

Another couple good int. amps would be the Technics SU-C04 at 30wpc, and the Electro-Voice 1244 at 18wpc. The Technics is about the same size as that Aiwa, and the E-V is even smaller. Both sitting inside my stereo room.

2wpc is a touch anemic.

A couple of the RS amps and a receiver have been listed in the last little while and I was thinking about getting 1 of them for the heck of it but at $20, I can still luck out and get a Philips high end receiver so unless very inexpensively they do not make sense except where space is at a premium.

That matching Realistic receiver was the System Seven STA-7 Receiver. 10 WPC.

My grandmother is currently using mine in her small apartment. Nice sounding. Nice FM section.

Took some pictures of the manual though and the original receipt. They even included a full schematic in the Owner's Manual!!

$203.25 in 1981

Last edited:
Woa, that STA-7 is really cool looking!

I had always thought that the good ol' miniscule solid state Realistic SA-10 was a nice match. But now I don't know because that STA-7 is pretty neat.

SA-10 Pic

45_1.JPG

I use my Sansui 9090 with Minimus 7s. Ok, the speakers are on "C" and I use them at low volume as reference monitors whilst recording LPs onto CD.

It would be cool to have a dedicated & more appropriate amp for them though.

willyrover said:
That matching Realistic receiver was the System Seven STA-7 Receiver. 10 WPC.

My grandmother is currently using mine in her small apartment. Nice sounding. Nice FM section.

Took some pictures of the manual though and the original receipt. They even included a full schematic in the Owner's Manual!!

$203.25 in 1981
Yup...that's the one! I gave mine to my brother to use with his little Braun's. Wish I still had that little beauty and my four 7's.

I see those all the time. Nothing like having a single "tone" control with your 10 watts per channel. Pass. If i'm not mistaken, the speaker connections are also RCA jacks. Pass 2.

I'm currently running my LS-Ones through this 25 wpc diminutive beauty.

Attachments

• AIWA-S50.gif
    AIWA-S50.gif
    97.2 KB · Views: 2,093
Now THAT'S a cutie. There's just something about small, decent amps. I had a small Rat Shack Optimus STA-300, 30wpc receiver, but I gave it to the girl across the street, along with a small pair of Jamo speaks and some kind of DVD player. Her name is Olivia and she'll be 2 in July. You can't get 'em started early enough.

1wpc? You've got to be kidding
What's the problem with 1 wpc? :)

A single-ended amp running 45's is about 2wpc, and you won't find many better sounding amps. The problem is that truly great 45's are not cheap anymore :-(

http://www.the-planet.org/audio.html
image01.jpg

I think Bob Danielak's "DC Darling" SE 1626 amps is about 750 milliwatts; but it's a fine sounding little amplifier.

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/1965/darling.html
dcd001.jpg

The trick is to use appropriately efficient speakers.

pics of 7's in use

barely see them next to my 2015 7w 's actually three sitting on top of my cr 620 waiting to get into action cute little stands made for the 7's and 77's with the marantz pic

Attachments

• 2015 nudies 015.jpg
    2015 nudies 015.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 2015 nudies 059.jpg
    2015 nudies 059.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom