• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vote for you favorite shipper DHL, FedEx, UPS, USPS?

Who do you find to be the best shipper of audio gear?


  • Total voters
    46
  • Poll closed .

EricC

Super Member
After reading the thread on who is the kindest I thought it would be interesting to get some numbers on who we find to be the best.
 
Register to hide this ad
I havent used DHL with audio gear, and USPS is my fav. :yes: UPS sort of "played catch" with my cs-99 while they were mailing. :no: THey were packed well, the boxes marked UP, but they came with the 'UP' side 'down'. :bash: Two of the corners are now mushed. :tears: I took them for an estimate though and got $75 from UPS, and sort of tried to buff out the corners myself. :sigh:
 
I have never had a problem with FedEx Ground while UPS has failed miserably several times.
USPS is good for small stuff and the Media Mail service is cheap if you're not in a hurry.

If it's large and heavy, I use FedEx Ground.....
 
Fedex Ground is the best value, and most consistent. Bypass the "Home Delivery" version with a passion, lie if necessary. My 500+ packages without damage or loss agree!

dew.
 
Without a doubt, I prefer shipments via the Post Office. I've never had anything lost or damaged while in their care, and since I get my mail at a P.O. box, nothing's ever left exposed to bad weather or thieves. Costs a bit more but I feel it's worth every cent.
Tom
 
Fedex so far knock wood has done a great job for the past five years for anything audio :thmbsp:

USPS is a close second :yes:

UPS has been pretty knuckledragging ham fisted :thumbsdn:

Haven't tried DHL yet, they just came to town a few months ago...
 
Army said:
Fedex so far knock wood has done a great job for the past five years for anything audio :thmbsp:

USPS is a close second :yes:

UPS has been pretty knuckledragging ham fisted :thumbsdn:

Haven't tried DHL yet, they just came to town a few months ago...

Yes, yes, yes, and yes :tresbon:
Exactly :)
 
Don't EVER do business with DHL if you want your items to arrive recognizable. As of next week I'm ending business with them because of their high damage and excessive overcharges that they place on goods. Every month I have to call my rep to get my bill re-adjusted. Try to get a damage claim paid through them. It's freaking impossible. I have claims that have been through 2 reviewers and my rep and 3 months later, they're STILL not paid.

FedEx will keep my $15,000 per month business here at work.
 
Nearly all of the gear in my current setup has made it to my door via FedEx, not a single damage claim. Next best is USPS, may be a little slow, but I've never seen a CRUSHED box delivered by them which is often the case when it's thrown out of the passing UPS truck.
 
I have had good luck with FEDEX, but DHL has been way better for me, the local people at least seem to care a little more than the other carriers.
 
This is a loaded question for me too (I work at the corporate HQ for Fed Ex Ground, Home Delivery and Express) but I've had good luck myself with Fed Ex with computer gear in the past.
 
I have been using UPS for 30 years shipping and receiving all kinds of electronic equipment every day. Audio gear, computers, you name it. I can count on one hand the number of claims that I have made. Most of the items that we received damaged were so poorly packed that receiving the package undamaged would have been a miracle even if it had been hand carried en-route. I can recall receiving a box with a dust cover and a case of 144 D cell batteries on top of it. Naturally the case of batteries crushed the dust cover. Then there was a speaker that arrived with the box in pretty decent shape, except for the 1 1/2" X 8" holes on the front and back. Fork lift got it. It could have happened in our own warehouse. The point is, as long as the equipment was packed properly, for the most part, no problems. I couldn't be happier with UPS. It is apparent that each terminal is different. Our local terminal has always been excellent.

I do agree about DHL. I have had some very bad experiences with them and will never use them again. I also don't like the attitude of their local drivers and I really don't like how and where the park as compared to UPS and FedEx. My experience with FedEx is generally good but they are not nearly as easy to communicate with or work out unusual delivery requirements.

My vote and my business goes to UPS.
 
Back
Top Bottom