• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Which shippers do you avoid?

Which shipper/shippers do you avoid for shipping audio gear?


  • Total voters
    52
  • Poll closed .

EricC

Super Member
Since we are having who is the best I thought one on who is the worst would be good as well. Since we may have several shippers we find are bad vote for more then one if you must.
 
Register to hide this ad
ooops! im sorry! i clicked the wrong one. :no: AVOID UPS. :nono: see my story in the which shippers do you like best poll.
 
I avoid UPS like the plague! My wife ordered a new Dell computor and I happened to be looking outside when the bozo UPS guy delivered it. He pushed it off the step of his truck with his foot. I thought, no wonder everything they deliver is trashed. :thumbsdn:
 
For what it's worth, it's been my experience (15 or so years of shipping/receiving for at least part of my salary) that UPS is head and shoulders the worst of the bunch, with FedEx a close second. DHL seems a little better, but I've had pretty limited encounters with those folks. Oddly enough, I've had less trouble with USPS than any of them. As always YMMV.
 
I pretty much hate shipping things and receiving things shipped. I consider it a necessary evil.

That said, I have a particular distaste (due to certain personal experiences which can be echoed by about half the board members here) for UPS and FedEx.
 
Apparently I offended someone with my comments, so I will edit them.

I don't care for DHL and UPS. I have had disappointing dealings with them in the past.

dew.
 
I will be DAMNED if I have ANYTHING to do with UPS anymore. If I want to order from a catalog etc and they use UPS and are unwilling to ship otherwise then they lose the sale.

Wouldn't trust UPS to send me a pair of tube socks! Probably show up with tire tracks across them!

Personally I have had good luck with FedEX. Don't know much about DHL.

Just my 2dB worth.
 
I think UPS's four ft rule is totally bogus. Take their favorite item and throw it in a box and drop it off the back of their truck.
 
I had a delivery from DHL and some how the same day of the delivery my fairly new screen door had a nice cut in it to access my door bell. (door bell is behind the screen door) I ran into the guy the next day and he was an ass. I think I know where the cut came from.
 
UPS is by far the worst. A bunch of trained monkeys could do a better job than the guys in brown (maybe they selected brown for a reason????). I've had two incidents this year involving address issues that were the straws that broke the camel's back for me. The first one, the delivery clown could not match up an address on the shipping label to the 4-inch numbers beside my front door and tried to deliver my package to the wrong house across the street. For the other incident, UPS couldn't keep up with the right address information from a shipper who clearly had the correct address in his records, had the correct address on the invoice, and had used UPS' own system to generate the shipping request; somehow, UPS added 1 to the address (1426 instead of 1425) and then tried for a week to deliver to an address that didn't even exist before I finally called to see where the heck my package was and got them to manually correct the address.

I'll never use UPS again, and will not order from companies that don't offer an alternative shipping method.
 
Every time I see this thread, I keep thinking it says which "strippers" do I avoid... :sigh:

But that's a whole new can of worms now isn't it? :D

Scott
 
I have many things shipped fedex and UPS and my UPS driver is the worst, that is until one day I saw him flip an 100lb amp off the back of his truck. I asked him do you always treat shipments like that, he looked at me and said all packages should be able to take at least a 2 ft drop. As he handed me the electronic sign board to sign I dropped it back into the truck and watched it cartwheel until it stopped and I told him now he knows how i feel and I would love for someone from ups to talk to me about their service or lack of. Since that day he rings the door bell and ask for my help with heavy items.
 
bingperry said:
I have many things shipped fedex and UPS and my UPS driver is the worst, that is until one day I saw him flip an 100lb amp off the back of his truck. I asked him do you always treat shipments like that, he looked at me and said all packages should be able to take at least a 2 ft drop. As he handed me the electronic sign board to sign I dropped it back into the truck and watched it cartwheel until it stopped and I told him now he knows how i feel and I would love for someone from ups to talk to me about their service or lack of. Since that day he rings the door bell and ask for my help with heavy items.

:lmao:That made my day:lmao:
 
Lets see here.First off my list would be fedex because I've came home to find packages at the back door placed in a razor thin plastic bag and left under the eave of my house at the back door in mudd.I have no gutters and dog loves to tear plastic all to heck so go figure.Second off my list is DHL. They claim to deliver anywhere but made me drive over 50 miles to Nashville to pick up a set of Pioneer speakers because that was the only delivery they had way out here.Thats bull IMO. We have 1 UPS guy that delivers to all in these parts and he knows each and all by name.He is kind enough to lug a package no matter how big,take it into my shop,and place it on my 4' x 20' workbench safely out of harms way. Joe,,our UPS driver collects vintage as well and if I'm home when a package comes in,he's very eagar to take a look at my new piece before he leaves.He loves this hobby as much as we do so I sure don't worry about this guy,it's the ones that handle it before it gets to him that I worry about,but I've been lucky with UPS so far.Fedex has left some pretty smashed up boxes in the past here,and DHL has just plain failed to deliver.:thumbsdn:
 
Tedrick said:
UPS is by far the worst. A bunch of trained monkeys could do a better job than the guys in brown (maybe they selected brown for a reason????).

I'll never use UPS again, and will not order from companies that don't offer an alternative shipping method.


AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thmbsp: :thmbsp:
 
Ups is bad enough, but my worst experiences are with USPS. I buy and sell a hundred or more receivers a year, and have had the worst luck with USPS. UPS is not much better, but at least they handle claims in a timely manner.
I have three rreceivers in posession of USPS for claims, (around 600), and have yet to receive a status of claim on any of them. So-----------I am out $600 for purchases, the P.O. has my receivers, and I have Squat. The only way I use USPS for shipping is if the buyer releases me from any liability for that shipment.
 
UPS has either broken or dented everything ever sent to me in the last 4 years. I only use FedEx or USPS for outgoing items.
I know ALL shippers have caused damage at one time or another none are immune. But everyone I talk to has had bad experiences with UPS. I avoid them like the plague when shipping stuff. Seems they take on too much and overload their drivers? Not sure really what it is unless its just plain 'We Don't Care'?:scratch2:
 
UPS (United Parcel Smashers) for the worst and on two counts.

1. Like the other comments on here, they have little to no pride in their work, and no respect for the products consigned to them.

2. They charge EXORBITANT brokerage fees to get things across the US/Canada border.

USPS works best for me, plus only $5 brokerage into Canada. They warn you that it can take 4-6 weeks, but it's usually only a week or two from my experience.

I won't buy online unless they will use USPS.
 
UPS. I wouldn't ship a box of cotton balls by them. They have trashed a 1/2 dozen nice PL-630 TTs for me, most decently packed.

Enjoy,
Rich P
 
Back
Top Bottom