Got Some Walnut Realistic Minimus 7's Today

herbman1975

I saw these @ the flea market today and I just couldn't pass them up after all I have heard about them here.

I really like these things so far. They sound a lot larger than they really are. Look good too. One had a water stain on top so I went over them lightly with some steel wool and slapped some Minwax "Special" Walnut stain on them and now they look great!

Minimus2.jpg

Minimus1.jpg

Minimus3.jpg

Minimus4.jpg

Got this Realistic SA-150 integrated amplifier as well - all for $20.00

RealisticMini-Amp.jpg

Not the greatest score ever, but not too bad either.

I have a pair of the walnut 7's, but I must admit the amp is kinda cool.

dew.

The amp is an early version of the long-running SA-150/SA-155 amp.

Often mistakeably listed as 25wpc, it;s really 2wpc. A good amp to take on trips, to use in a hotel room, ect.

I've got one.

The 7ws you have are the early series Minimus. the difference in early and later Minimus 7s is the tweeter- early Minimus is a dome surrounded by a flat panel, the later Minimus is a dome slightly re-set in a "coned", concave inset.

I've got both.

Attachments

• a5_1.JPG.jpg
    a5_1.JPG.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 153
  • d1_1_b.JPG.jpg
    d1_1_b.JPG.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 162
Sweet score! Those look very nice, better than my pair, esp the grillcloth. Although I have yet to do it, I understand the 7s benefit greatly from a recap.

min71-1.jpg

Very cool score, both on the amp and the 7's. I happen to have a pair of those very "woofers" and am building them into scaled down "LiL Scala" replicas just to have some practice on a larger scale project in store for the basement HT room. They may sound like crap but I could get lucky:scratch2: At least they'll look great for mediocre bookshelf speakers:D

is this overkill???

here is a pic of 7 realistic, optimus, 7's two of which are 7w's

Attachments

• 11 099.jpg
    11 099.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 164
Yamahamer, looks like my line-up!

But member HomerjSimpson has us beat- he's got 7 pair, hunting the 8th to build a Minimus 7 line array...

I've got a pair of early walnuts running while my EV's are out for reconing. It's a little scary how nice they really do sound.

Before I'm done I'll jack in the SuperZeros into the same rig to see what the difference is.

The the "'7s" and NHT Super 0's are amazing for their size and they still bring good $$ on ebay!

I love my 2 pairs of early 7W's and 1 pair of black 7s.

I just wish that I can find 1 tweeter replacement for a blown tweet. Yeah, I only need 1 damn tweeter.

I use my 7w's all of the time to check out new LP purchases or for monitoring whilst recording. They have a huge soundstage.

90907wblisstv5.jpg

Those little Realistic Amps are good to use with headphones :music:
Although they are somewhat lacking in the Tone control Dept.
Mine is Black , but it still makes a good conversation piece :D
Hmmm 2 watts per channel :scratch2: Thats 150 watts per channel in todays
ratings for BPC is it not :thmbsp:
Find the matching tuner and they look cool together .

Often mistakeably listed as 25wpc, it;s really 2wpc. A good amp to take on trips, to use in a hotel room, ect.

I've got one.

So do I. Cool little guy. Its also helpful if you have to test a turntable off of Craigslist where the seller has no other equipment around. Plug it in to the TT and plug some headphones into the amp.

Nice score.

thedelihaus said:
But member HomerjSimpson has us beat- he's got 7 pair, hunting the 8th to build a Minimus 7 line array...

This may sound dumb, but what exactly is a line array?

Sure sounds cool. Whatever it is, it has peaked my interest...

Also, can I determine the manufacture date from the serial # on the back?

:smoke: herbs

Also -

There is a person on eBay selling crossover "upgrades" for this model speaker. Does anyone have experience modding these?

:smoke: herbs

i got the crossover mod from the guy on ebay-- i wanted to use a pair of 4 ohm goldwood 4" woofers from PE that i had lying around, and the guy customized my x-overs to accommodate the 4 ohm drivers. the upgrade is a true crossover rather than the single cap/inductor filter setup. it splits the signal so that the woof only runs up to its limit, rather than running full range and sharing higher frequencies with the tweeter.

it was an easy project and fun to do. i broke mine down and repainted them hammertone bronze with satin black screens. they sound great. really a big sound outta the little jobbers. you set them up on stands out from the wall, use a sub, and those puppies will suspend a soundstage that makes the uninitiated drop their jaws.

fun

Back
Top Bottom