• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

EIA code master list

judgeschreber

Well-Known Member
I found this site while trying to ID a speaker. When you download the "1959 list of EIA manufacture codes" link you see both an alphabetic and numerical listing of all electronic manufacturer codes from 1959.

Of course, the code I was looking for (1148), was not there, meaning the company wasn't formed yet, since the codes in 1959 only went up to 10xx. If anyone knows the manufacturer of code 1148, I'd much appreciate it.

http://www.audiophool.cjb.net/Techno.html
 
Register to hide this ad
Yes, I have come across that one, and seen it posted here before. The reason I started a new thread with the 1959 codes was that I've never seen such a comprehensive, exhaustive list--it has every single electronics manufacturer that was in business in 1959.
 
judgeschreber said:
I found this site while trying to ID a speaker. When you download the "1959 list of EIA manufacture codes" link you see both an alphabetic and numerical listing of all electronic manufacturer codes from 1959.

Of course, the code I was looking for (1148), was not there, meaning the company wasn't formed yet, since the codes in 1959 only went up to 10xx. If anyone knows the manufacturer of code 1148, I'd much appreciate it.

http://www.audiophool.cjb.net/Techno.html

That's, AK member, Tom Bavis's web page, I believe. Lots of good stuff on there.

Regards,
Gordon.
 
BTW: If you're trying to decode Frazier parts numbers... Frazier was DEFINITELY in business before 1959. In fact, IIRC, they were around since 1950-51 or so, when Jack Frazier and Ed May partnered up...

Looks like that's not an EIA code, most likely... :(

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Somehow it's not surprising that the site is another AKer's. There looks like a wealth of info there!

I figured my search might be a dead-end. I was hoping that the Fraziers might be a later 60s model using parts from a different manufacturer (I guess they used Utah and Quam-Nichols, and I thought maybe they also used another manufacturer as well--I'm having a tough time tracking down a replacement).
 
Back
Top Bottom