Project One Mark 1500 nudies!

yrly

Breaking records is good?
As I've had many requests for these, and the one needed cleaning (the worst of the three I've got), I figured it was time to snap some better photos of the Project One Mark 1500. If anyone wants high res versions let me know I've got those too. After looking this thing over again this might be Hitachi built, has Hitachi ICs on some of the boards, uses Hitachi outputs and the back panel layout is very similar to the Hitachi SR-2004. Well here they are!

Attachments

• Picture 092.jpg
    Picture 092.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,213
  • Picture 090.jpg
    Picture 090.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 609
  • Picture 089.jpg
    Picture 089.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 543
  • Picture 088.jpg
    Picture 088.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 559
  • Picture 087.jpg
    Picture 087.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 751
Thanks yrly. That's one heck of a transformer! You have any nice pic's of the front with the cover on?

Here is a faceplate pic

Attachments

• Picture 151.jpg
    Picture 151.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 576
The one isn't really upside down they're all actually standing on their side and I flipped the picture. Eventually they'll be part of a yet to be formed HT system. A true 150wpc 6.1 system. Just gotta get a DVD player with a built in decoder and move some speakers around.

I guess if you're going to make a HT system with them, they compare well against you're other receivers.
Congrats, sweet looking. :yes:

Well it works kind of well because they're all the same, same voicing, same power output, akin to using seperate power amps of the same make and power level and I just happen to have three of them.

Very nice inside. Thanks for sharing the pix.

That is the Project-One Mark 1500DC, 1980-84, 150 wpc, $900.

telefunken tr 800 / 1500, same as the project one

its a chicken or the egg scenario....same pieces, use google... do you have a service manual for your 1500? i have a tr 800 and need to get my tuner aligned... thx

The one isn't really upside down they're all actually standing on their side and I flipped the picture. Eventually they'll be part of a yet to be formed HT system. A true 150wpc 6.1 system. Just gotta get a DVD player with a built in decoder and move some speakers around.

So hey didja ever do that HT setup.:scratch2:

Yeah, old inquiring minds want to know!

I ended up buying a mark1500 thanks to you!!

And I still have it. It's a beauty and sounds great. I'd never put her on her side! LOL

Yeah, old inquiring minds want to know!

I ended up buying a mark1500 thanks to you!!

And I still have it. It's a beauty and sounds great. I'd never put her on her side! LOL

Hello herbd2, as a fellow Project One fan and not living far from you I felt the requirement to wave a hand and say hi! It's been quite some time since I've been on here but I've been in search of a Mark1500 for several years now. Saw a couple on ebay a while back but it always seems they either have issues or something about the seller is funky. So I have to ask, how did you get yours- it sounds like yrly helped you find one? I've chatted with him in the past and even sent him a copy of the owners manual which I still have by the way. I also own the matching Mark150 equalizer and FLD7000 cassette deck, now all I need is the darn receiver! I currently have a Pioneer sx980 but it's just not the same, kind of an emotional thing I guess since my dad had a 1500 for many years.

man is it gonna hurt the wallet when it comes time to change those monster filter capacitors. i'd love to own one though the build quality is superb.

I would love to find a service manual for these! I see the telefunken tr1500 is identical only its black, My 1500 went into protect, but it was still playing when it did, higher volume of course :) Because it was still playing i dont think its blown channels, I did check the output transistors and they all tested ok? and when i shut it off i seen the light was on,but just figured it was warm, but now no sound output, and i dont hear the relay click for the light to go off, any ideas?

Well I found the problem thru elimination with a spare 1500 I have, The right side channel was very quiet and when turned up sounded horrible, really muffled etc, Tried different power outputs first, then tried each pre amp board, and finally switched the driver board and that's when I seen it. and this is what I found. I also put all new outputs in MJ15022/23, sounds good. Just updating to help someone else out.

Attachments

• Driver board.jpg
    Driver board.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Hello herbd2, as a fellow Project One fan and not living far from you I felt the requirement to wave a hand and say hi! It's been quite some time since I've been on here but I've been in search of a Mark1500 for several years now. Saw a couple on ebay a while back but it always seems they either have issues or something about the seller is funky. So I have to ask, how did you get yours- it sounds like yrly helped you find one? I've chatted with him in the past and even sent him a copy of the owners manual which I still have by the way. I also own the matching Mark150 equalizer and FLD7000 cassette deck, now all I need is the darn receiver! I currently have a Pioneer sx980 but it's just not the same, kind of an emotional thing I guess since my dad had a 1500 for many years.

Sorry I missed this for some reason. I bought mine of ebay. Ended up paying top dollar for it. $400. But i wanted it and it was in good shape so...I bought it. I cleaned her up and re-veneered the cabinet. It's a great collectable receiver which actually sounds as good as it looks. Thanks for the wave!

hi . I saw in this post u have owners manual for the 1500. any chance of getting a copy? picked one up that was in a chain smoking environment for 20 yrs. it took 2 wks of scrubbing to get all the boards and inside clean but she finally works with aux and phono and tape. no am fm or meters function but what a powerhouse.

Back
Top Bottom