My Pioneer PL-514 TT plays a bit too fast..:(

blooeyz

Hi fellow AK'ers;
I just acquired a Pioneer belt drive turntable..Model PL-514..i put a new belt on it, and a good cartridge, made the tonearm adjustments and now find it plays a bit fast..just a tiny bit...grrrr....i have tried different records...one's i KNOW well,,and yep,it plays a TEENY tiny bit fast...there is no pitch control, no visible controls of any kind....what do i do?
any one familiar with Pioneer turntables? any help is appreciated..how to fix this might be useful for other belt drive tables without pitch controls...
thanks in advance...

hi fellow Ak'ers;
After much deliberating...i took another look at why my Pioneer PL-514 was playing a tad bit too fast........upon CLOSE examination i discovered a ton of crud on the drive shaft pulley......it was crud almost baked on...so i ran the turntable motor, no belt on it, and placed an emery board against it..and TADAAAA, a clean smooth pulley.....NOW it plays smoooth, and works well.....
for anyone out "there" in AK land..for belt drive tables, make SURE the motor drive pulley is clean , CLEAN and smooth....
blooeyz

Makes sense. The crud on the drive pulley increases the circumference and therefore with each rotation the platter will rotate farther. Good, easy tip!:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom