tmad40blue's systems

tmad40blue

"I can hear forever!"
Main System

Receiver: Sansui 2000x
Speakers: Acoustic Research AR-3a (fully restored)
Cables: Monoprice.com
Turntable: Thorens TD-160
CD Player: DENON DCD-520
Music: Classical, jazz, some folk

r29c79.jpg
1zbze4h.jpg

Basement (Home Theater) System

Projector: EPSON PowerLite Home Cinema 8100
Main Amplifier: Dynaco ST-410
Secondary Amp / Preamp: Yamaha RX-V630

Speakers:
A Mains: Magnepan MG-I Improved
B Mains: Bang&Olufsen Beovox S80.2
Center / Rear Center: Bang&Olusfen Beovox S30
Rear Surrounds: EPI M60
Subwoofer KEF unknown model

CD/SACD/DVD/Blu-ray Disc Player: PlayStation 3
Music: Classical, jazz, alternative rock, electronic dance music (progressive/electro house, dubstep, etc.)

iz3wbq.jpg
2euu35x.jpg

2rgkl0h.jpg

Desk System

Speakers: JBL LSR-2325P (with built-in amps)
Headphones: AKG Q701
Source: MacBook Pro
DAC: FiiO E09K + E07K headphone amp/DAC combo

rf1oulL.jpg

Last edited:
Updated with more photos.

Hopefully my dad can get our newly-acquired EPI 500's refoamed so I can listen to them downstairs...

Updated with photos of my rearranged dorm setup.

I like this setup a lot better – it's sort of my own version of quasi-nearfield.

how do those bostons sound that close to your head? i considered using fairly large bookshelves with a small amp for my office system at work. do they image? transparency?

your maggies are beautiful. i just picked up a pair (your speakers little sister) and i love them! does your dynaco have ample power to drive them? i think i am missing out on some things with only 75(solid state)wpc, but tubes are a whole different ball game, no?

nice choice of gear.... but how can you stop yourself from bringing your ARs or Mags to school? you have more self control than I sir! :D

thanks for the pics! :music:

They actually sound surprisingly good. Not the best at imaging, but the soundstage is pretty good and they're surprisingly flat (I've always heard that the Boston A-series do well closer to walls).

The Dynaco ST-410 is actually one of Dynaco's biggest solid state amps. It's about 205wpc, and it does a marvelous job of driving the Magnepans. I have very little to complain about – a better preamp and a general restoration of the Dynaco would do even more good, I think.

Keep in mind that my room here at school is only about twice the size of picture number three, so I don't have any room for floorstanding speakers.

Nice set up. The AR3a's have a good rep. I have a pair of AR2ax's that I really like and restored as well as a couple pair of Maggie SMGa's which I really like.

Updated a few things. I posted a video of the basement system, check it out. :p:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom