• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

re: Behringer DCX2496

sideways2

Where the heck is S'toon?
Hello

So I pooched mine taking an update...won't connect or at least fails at 1%!!

I was wondering if there is anyone around here that uses one on a regular basis that maybe I can send mine to, to see if an upload would work elsewhere??

Maybe it's my cable or computer...the behringer software is so old that my stuff may be hit and miss with it!!

Anyhoo...thanks...appreciate...cheers!!

Dave
 
Register to hide this ad
Yup...how'd you guess?? LOL!!!

I got it from a buddy and he did alot of programming but with a really old computer...I didn't have one so I opted with my kids laptop and a convertor cable...thought it would be the cat's a$$ but was terribly mistaken!!

Can you help??
 
The only thing I'd be able to opine is to find a computer with a real serial port and give it another go. That's the best I got.
 
I tried with one at work...laptop...win2000...put the thing in bootloader mode but still nothing...tried a couple different cables too!!

Not sure where to go now??
 
Read some stuff on the good old Internet. Seems like it worked for at least a couple people but I've not tried it. Guess there's nothing to lose.

Hold input A button down on power on, then connect with DCX2496 remote + run software update service with the DCX_116.bin file available from the Behringer site. Didn't work at all with Windows 7 for me but worked fine with XP.

Oh, and don't try that USB to serial adapter again. ;)

(BTW, search text I used was "bricked DCX2496")
 
K...did that too...but that post was useful...apparently there are a few members there that have backed up their eeproms so I sent off some pm's hoping to get the bin files so I can re-burn my chip!!!

Thanks!!
 
Ya...got that pdf already...thanks!!!

But the unit is not damaged only the firmware is LOL!!!

Apparently it is pretty common to brick these things as the uploading software is ancient!!

I just got a response back and hopefully I will have the full firmware dump available to me to burn off YEAH :D
 
Got the firmware file...burnt it off...and voila!! It worked!!

Thanks Whoaru99 for the point to that thread...appreciate it!!!

Dave
 
Glad you got it working.

There was someone else here on AK not too long ago that managed to brick their DCX as well. I think since it was purchased new it was returned/exchanged. Don't recall for sure if another was gotten or not.

I've flashed mine at least once or twice but never had any problems. Always used a real serial port though. At work we had lots of problems when trying to flash various controllers using USB to serial adapters. Finally settled on one that at least worked most of the time for the purpose but was never truly problem free. The interfaces/protocol adapters have been transitioned away from serial now to USB and it's much, much, MUCH better.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom