AK Bracket Game is Back!

Wow never been in the lead after the first weekend, will be short lived unless UCLA can win another! Something about lucky and good seems appropriate . . .

The top ten heading into the sweet sixteen week:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 16BRACKET.jpg
    16BRACKET.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 30
Seriously? Virginia is gonna lose to Michigan State??

I was not surprised. UVa has had zero mojo the last month. Chemistry has been all messed up since Anderson's pinky injury. I thought maybe that they'd pick up the pace for the NCAAs. Nope.

My only solace after the ugly game was watching WVU punch MD. WVU's mayhem press can be effective. It will be interesting to see how Kentucky responds on Thursday. Talent v. mayhem.

I was not surprised. UVa has had zero mojo the last month. Chemistry has been all messed up since Anderson's pinky injury. I thought maybe that they'd pick up the pace for the NCAAs. Nope.

My only solace after the ugly game was watching WVU punch MD. WVU's mayhem press can be effective. It will be interesting to see how Kentucky responds on Thursday. Talent v. mayhem.

Oh, I know. They were the hardest team to figure of all 64. I had them knocked out early in half my brackets, I had them in the final 4 in the others. I did n't which team might show.

How they lost though. No desire, it was obvious.

You folks may have noticed I deleted three of the four "experts" since they were creeping up the leaderboard. Anybody interested can still see their expert picks, but not their totals with our current scoring system. I left Larry Palm in, since we need more than one Purdue grad who can't pick winners in our game.

I don't know. Ken and Andy could make a run at 9th if K-Y loses.:scratch2:

I don't see how Kentucky can lose. ND is strong and scrappy, but it's going to take more than some feisty Leprechaun luck to beat sheer talent and, as shown with WVU, size.

We might be able to start seeing who the winner might be soon as there are a lot of common pics the rest of the way.
Heck, my right side of the bracket is dead aside from Duke....

We might be able to start seeing who the winner might be soon as there are a lot of common pics the rest of the way.
Heck, my right side of the bracket is dead aside from Duke....
In the special case of WI, it looks like bsujeep has me. In any other case, of course, we're done.

I didn't enter the bracket here, but it is funny how wildly disproportionate my divisions are.

Right now, my Midwest is perfect and my East only has two bad picks though both of my wrong pics were last night so I'm completely busted.

My South has six correct picks and seven incorrect ones although I still have Duke and Gonzaga in it so point wise, I might do OK. And my West looks OK. I had Wisconsin and Xavier and right now if I had to guess, I'd say Arizona is looking pretty good and they are out of my bracket.

That's my actual submitted bracket. I have two other brackets with perfect Elite 8 picks though many of the brackets themselves look pretty bad.

Madness, I tell ya! Absolute Madness!

The craziest I remember is in 2003 or 2004, whenever UConn beat Duke by a point in the Final, the guy that won our pool had over 50% wrong picks, but had UConn losing to Duke. Only one or two other people had UConn in the final so he won by several points.

It's crazy to think that you can get over half the picks wrong, but win that dominantly.

The leaderboard heading into the Elite Eight:
attachment.php

Attachments

• leaderboard.png
    leaderboard.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 25
Well the best I can do looks likd 3rd if Wisconsin wins.
And if anybody but the 3 picks wins were probably not finishing as we stand now.
Good games these next 4.

Back
Top Bottom