South3rn
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I bought it from AudioAdvisor for a bit less than $100 shipped and I'm quite happy with it. I just could'nt spend upwards of $300 and this was the only alternative. Its a bit awkward to have to remove it every time you want to use your table instead of just lifting it up, but on the other hand, no dustcovers for the VPI's are hinged. IMHO its cost effective and it works. You set it down on the platter, there is a hole in the cover that lines up with the spindle, then you screw the record clamp onto the spindle to hold the cover in place.
    Regards, Sam
    G'day mate, my personal observation is that there is a longer term 'break in' of sorts with the cartridge becoming a little more 'neutral' sounding, but that's about all.

None of my turntables have any adjustment for VTA. I just aim for a parallel positioned tonearm. I've had no problems with mounting the M97xE on any of my turntables as 'standard'.

Correct overhang is important (as with any cartridge). This is the technique I use with the supplied Shure two point Baerwald protractor: http://www.mds975.co.uk/Content/vinyl07.html

The electrical loading is also quite important. If using 47 k, then around 250 picofarads is about right. It sounds like yours is. Regards, Felix aka catman.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom