AK members buy/sell "lives"

Here's my suggestions for things to sell.

ADC Soundshaper SS-450x-$10 from CL
Minimum of 150 on ebay...

SAE 4000 Active x'over-Free from CL
I sold mine for 250, and it had a snapped off slider

Teac AN-50 Tape noise reduction-$10 from CL
these are all over ebay selling for over 150. I can't believe it.

I won't post my spreadsheet. I'm at 455% profit. There's a couple of car flips and oddball fantastic yard sale scores in there too though. So it wasn't all audio.

Selling and repairs keep me afloat, and able to buy the occasional toy.

The SAE x'over is here to stay, gonna recap it as soon as the parts come.

I had no idea that the other two were worth very much...the only eBay listings I found were at prices like 15-30 dollars so I figured I would keep them...maybe I will sell them :yes: they guy I bought them from had a whole bunch more of the Teac ones, all of them were bigger than the AN-50, one even had huge meters :yes: but I didn't grab them cuz I thought they weren't worth much :dunno: I am gonna give him a call tomorrow :D

what have you guys bought and how much have you spent, and earned back from selling things?

Total money spent on items:$1545.19 Repairs/mods/restorations costs: $220 Total money spent: $1765.19 Money made: $1,180 Actual money spent: $590.19

i would say i done pretty well :yes: how about you all? what kinda dough have you forked out? and how much did you make? What kinda sweet deals have you gotten?

AB

I`ll just keep my list short....

Krell KAV-300i paid $100, sold $900

I refuse to keep track of that stuff. It would be too depressing. I don't really keep track of whats in my $100 Towncar either, though these days I guesstimate it north of $15,000. I know about 6 weeks after I paid $1800 for the Mark VII, I was past $2000 in parts and I've tacked on more since then. I guess its probably around the $4000 mark these days. If I had a list of everything I've ever bought or moved, I'm sure it would be solidly in the red. I don't really regret it though. I figure I've gotten at least as much dollar value in enjoyment out of the junk I've bought over the years as what I paid for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom