Do You Spin and Post at Same Time?

For the most part no...I have a fairly ritualized approach to listening to my main system (the one w the TT). It starts w warming the tubes...from there it's pretty deliberate, dedicated, solitary and focused...the only distraction I allow for, is monitoring the need to refill the glass...oh...and flip the record... :beatnik:

Yep, all day listening to my WAV. ripped multi genre music being played on my24/7/365 operating OPPO universal player via a ~3/4 filled 1TerabyteCorsair flash drive configured in the repeat all shuffle mode.

With 4 rooms of my house stereo systems powered up 24/7/365 and playing my digital music, no matter where I go I can hear my music playing, including sitting here typing this post on A/K, as I do all day every single day that the A/K forum is operational.

I add at least 3 or 4 WAV. ripped CDs of new (at least to me) music about every month to my master digital music files, to incorporate into my 2 different type players.

With my wireless IR remote control repeater setup in my house in the commonly used rooms with extra OPPO remotes in those rooms, if a track pops up that I`m not interested in listening to at the moment, well it`s a simple matter to advance the player to the next shuffle random number dependent music track via the remote.

I burned out doing all manner of LP to various type tape format playlists in the late seventies, so I`m not interested in doing playlists/favorites anymore.

I seem to go through phases/cycles...vinyl exclusively for a few weeks...then cds...love 'em both...but the whole Lp experience is part of my DNA...I think...therefore I spin... :beatnik:

I have fully embraced digital by now...I still LOVE my vinyl, but digital has come so very far... :)

I loved my LPs, B&O linear turntable too, until the loss of the use of my left arm and hand in late Nov. 1981, so after trying to extract, place, remove and return my all kept in pristine purchased new LPs back in their liner/jackets, I deemed the task was too risky of damaging them !

So a few yrs. later with the advent of CDs, I promptly embraced that physically manageable media, which finally allowed me to wean myself from the local FM broadcasting dependency for my music desires.

Most of the time I'm listening to tunes while posting here. Either a CD or I'll listen to something off the computer. Don't like spinning records while on here though.

I have fully embraced digital by now...I still LOVE my vinyl, but digital has come so very far... :)
Indeed it has! In the 80's transition from vinyl to CD era aka the Cassette Interlude though it was just such a pity having to endure the torture of vinyl transfers direct-to-CD while trying my darned best to convince myself that the $800 or so I had dropped on a early Luxman CD player was a good investment. I didn't succeed.

LoL , I just opened a new record a few nights ago with a really nasty pop in the runout groove , learned this in the middle of taking a shit , needless to say had to jump in the shower before listening to side two , and yup if I'm here posting I'm spinning too

Back
Top Bottom