Do you watch the "extras" on the disc?

VinylHanger

Navigaret ex ironia
I was just posting on the movies watched thread and realized I had spent a good part of the weekend watching movies, but if I listed them it wasn't really that many. However, I realized I tend to watch the movies through once and then watch it again with the comantary on, and some of the Blu-rays have 2 or more commentary soundtracks.

I suppose it is a way to soothe the movie wonk in me.

Are there any other fans of the "extras"?

We have been watching more concert videos of late and we always catch the extras on those.

Depends on the film but usually, yes.

If I like the film most definitely and especially if there is director comments or interview in an extra.

Depends on the movie.
We loved the extras on the Lord of the Rings E.E. discs. The extras on the King Kong discs were good too. Disney discs usually have a lot of interesting stuff. In the extras of the movie "The Interpreter", Sidney Pollock explains the differences between widescreen and Pan & Scan (fullscreen). I show this to people that buy fullscreen movies, to keep from having the black bars, so they will see how much movie they're missing. If you've not seen this, check it out............ :)

Absolutely! Even if I don't too much like the film, I'll watch the extras. Being something of a frustrated filmmaker, I like the insights from the pros and the comments from cast and crew.

Hardly ever. Sometimes if I really like a film or there's something about it that makes me curious enough to watch the extras then I do so.

It depends on the movie, but I watch some of the extras. I rarely do commentaries, but I do watch deleted scenes, which can actually be quite interesting. Sometimes I'll watch the making of type extras.

I love the commentaries of directors and cast on some discs. Deleted scenes are just too cool. Probably one of the best is from Unbreakable. The deleted scene with Bruce weightlifting in the locker-room. What was fun was in Way of the Gun, there is this amazing scene that I was just, this is the best. I watched the commentary with the directors and they thought the same thing... Too cool :D

Kevin Smith's extras to me are worth a viewing too.

Mark

absolutely never! my philosophy is-

'gimme da movie, da whole movie, and nuttin' but da movie'!:yes:

If it's a good (or particularly bad) movie or when I get a TV show episode collection disk I'll go through the commentaries and the like. Sometimes interesting, sometimes not.

Had Red Dwarf over the weekend, comentaries were giberish.

If I see a great movie on DVD, I will try to re watch most of it with the Directors commentary turned on. You learn a lot about film making doing this. For example, a few years ago, I watched Road to Perdition, a great movie, IMHO and the Directors commentary was excellent. In many of the shots the Director paid tribute to Conrad Hall, the famous cinematographer who died shortly after making this film.

I do, particularly if it's a concert film.
That's not to say that all of them are good, but most are, IMO.

I drive my wife nuts looking to watch the "extras" on her Netflix discs - she wants them heading out in the mail as fast as possible! :nono:

The DVDs I own are pretty much 50% music/concerts and 50% movies I would actually want to watch multiple times. I always check out the extras on these. :yes:

je

VERY rarely. If there is a monster documentary or making of extra on a disc I'll watch it, but the ten and fifteen minute infomercials usually don't entice me to give them any attention.

Back
Top Bottom