Dogs Rock, Post Yer Pooch!

"Maybe you'll think twice next time you want to lock me in the car."
Dog-Poop--103161.jpg

He's an Aussie so when we dance he just wiggles his butt....but we've been enjoying the snow in NY while waiting to head back out after the holidays.

View attachment 1695667

View attachment 1695669
Beautiful Aussie you got there! Yeah I hear what you are saying about the butt wiggles! Ours also has no tail at all, and when he wags his 'imaginary tail' his whole hind end moves in this sort the exaggerated way as if to compensate for it.. It's a clear message of peace and love to anyone that he trusts.. If he doesn't trust you, well that's a different story.

Last edited:
Beautiful Aussie you got there! Yeah I hear what you are saying about the butt wiggles! Ours also has no tail at all, and when he wags his 'imaginary tail' his whole hind end moves in this sort the exaggerated way as if to compensate for it.. It's a clear message of peace and love to anyone that he trusts.. If he doesn't trust you, well that's a different story.

You are so right about the trust thing. I've noticed people outside of me have to actually earn his trust. I've also seen one person lose his trust and they've never got it back, no matter how hard they tried.

I love these dogs. :biggrin:

You are so right about the trust thing. I've noticed people outside of me have to actually earn his trust. I've also seen one person lose his trust and they've never got it back, no matter how hard they tried.

I love these dogs. :biggrin:
Ooh I know what you mean!
I find many, perhaps most aussie dogs I meet tend to be a little indifferent to strangers at first, but ours is usually more friendly right off the bat. But occasionally we'll meet someone on a walk who is just off to him. Usually something is unusual about their appearances, a funny lookin hat or just anything out of the ordinary. Then he starts his warning barks and it takes a while to get him calmed down. Also if someone is afraid of him that throws up warning barks as well which usually makes the person even more afraid. .

They are a big handful at times but oh so very clever and smart! We are lucky to have a rural place to live.. He never leaves the yard without us and is on his own quite often during the day.. Hell of a watch dog! And when he gets that wiley fox expression something fun is surely about to happen!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom