HifiMeDiy Sabre Tiny Dac

Anyone try this ?
I picked one up last month. I have been using it with a Raspberry Pi 2 running Runeaudio for our bedroom system. It sounds on par with its bigger brother, the UAE23. It does lack hardware volume control and optical out. So far, I really enjoy Hifimediy products.

I have had one for a couple years, no issues at all. As a bonus it also can be used as a USB to toslink converter.

Edit: mine is the one that will go to 24/96. Just bought a Maverick D2 as I want to connect several digital devices now, so the HiFiMeDIY likely will go in the drawer for the time being or into my garage system.

Last edited:
Bear in mind it has a limit of 16/48. I have the next model up in the line. It goes to 24/96. It also has optical and analog out. It's IMO a steal for the money.

Will it be good for streaming audio such as Pandora or google music from my nexus 7 to a Yamaha a s501?

. Volume control works with my HTC M8 and my Nexus 7 . On my Fire HDX it works more like an on and off switch .
I think it may not work when using it with a PC. It doesn't work when I use it with my Raspberry Pi 2b music player, only software volume controls work. I think I read of other users being able to use hardware volume control with some phones and tablets.

How do you like it?

I just tried it on my pc with Foobar , system volume control doesnt work but volume control on Foobar works . I like the Tiny Dac , gives my music a little more depth . Ill have a better impression when i play with it a little while .

Back
Top Bottom