How much should I pay for Sansui 9090

albe

Hello I have an opportunity to buy a 9090 for around $400.00...The top wood case is nicked and dinged on the edge so not perfect, but looks clean otherwise.

Really not trashing on you dude, but please learn about the verbiage you use before applying it in a post. Words can cut just as deep as a knife sometimes.

From Urban Dictionary:

1. yea whatever
"when someone is all up in yo face and they just aren't worth punching out so you show them how insignificant they are". Just saying man. :smoke:

I think this is a classic misinterpreting what a person means. He probably meant. "Cool, no big deal." No need to jump all over a guy.
In any case, if it's a CL ad, that's a decent deal, but not a score or a steal. It might work fine for another 35 years, or it could develop issues next week. Consider it a good idea to have it serviced.
I haven't heard both, but the 9090DB is the more desirable model.

Exactly no big deal is correct. Thanks for your input. Touchy bunch here. Urban dictionary?

The db is more of the pain in the ass model due to the dolby cable issues, not sure if it's more wanted, maybe the unwary buyers think the DB is a better model, who knows.

Listening to my 9090 right now, my favorite receiver. If working properly, get it, they are quite sought after for a reason.

I would go for the 9090 over the 9090db for sure.:thmbsp:
Now go and buy it.

Personally I wouldn't as the 9090db was the TOTL model,therefore was more expensive because of it.Even though the Dolby FM feature is totally redundant nowadays,those extra push buttons and knobs certainly add a lot to it's overall supa cool style in my books.

Personally I wouldn't as the 9090db was the TOTL model,therefore was more expensive because of it.Even though the Dolby FM feature is totally redundant nowadays,those extra push buttons and knobs certainly add a lot to it's overall supa cool style in my books.

Exactly! And my 990DB looks cool as well! :yes:

Exactly no big deal is correct. Thanks for your input. Touchy bunch here. Urban dictionary?

Not so touchy as a bit protective of the community here. There are a lot of really cool, really knowledgeable folks here that can be a great resource.
But it is really a community, so there's an expectation that goes with that.

Welcome to AK! And good luck if you decide to go with that 'Sui.

i dont own a 9090 but i do currently own a 9090db and its just a fantastic machine, 400 is a good price for either model imo, the ones that do $800+ do so because they are showroom quality restored*

*or, perfect cosmetics

Back
Top Bottom