How not to fix Pioneer CS-05 Speakers

Unican_Eric

Pioneerious Collecticus
Before you read this understand its a ramble so my paragraphs and stuff do not exsist.
Ok this is what I was thinking. I have a set of Pioneer CS-05s and I cant seem to get any highs out of them even with the crossover dial all the way up to the max. So i says to myself....lets see what an all thumbs no nothing about taking something apart with no tools person can do to fix this.

So I turn one upside down and see the 3 bolts and 3 nuts.Ahhh, a cresent wrench will do fine for those. So I go to take the first one off,Well the whole bolt plus the nut turn together.(1st sign of trouble) Maybe thats the way it supposed to go I says. so I keep turning and voila out comes this long bolt the full length of the speaker.. Hey that wasent to bad. I go to the next one and turn the nut. Just the nut turns on this one (2nd sign of trouble) and off it comes. I thinks to myself....How come only the nut came off on this one and not the bolt as well....oh well. Hey I got 2 off so I might as well keep going. I put the cresent to the 3rd one and start to turn, Hmmmm, not moving....(3rd sign) maybe a little more strength is all i need. so I put a little more effort on it and it starts to turn....hey great I says and I keep going. So when its get lose enough I pull out the bolt and nut all the way to the top and something stops it from comming out of the speaker. So I yank and yank....Hmmmm I says to myself, why is that doing that? Oh hell. So I fiddle with the nut and finally get it off the bolt.Good enough, Ill just leave that bolt sitting there. Success i says. There see...I can do it. :)

So off the bottom comes and I get stopped by these 3 wires that are attached to the bottom of the base and go into the speaker.Well thats not good I say. How am I going to get that off so I can get to the driver. think....think...maybe I can cut them and leave enough of the wires to splice them together....yeah thats it....cut them. Wire cutters....where are my wire cutters. look for the wire cutters cant find them. Oh well i says, Ill just let it dangle. So thats what I do.

Ok, now to get to the tweeters i have to remove the woofer. Hmmmm, hard to get at those little nuts with my big cresent...maybe if I do it with the cresent at a full 90 degrees I can get them off........1st try-slips off the nut, hmmm....that didnt work. 2nd try-same thing.....maybe i need a smaller cresent? Oh well, ya know...I thinks maybe I should quit while I am ahead, I mean I didnt get the woofer out so i just have to put the base back on right??

Ok, now all I need to do is screw this bolt back in that would not come out. So I pull up on the bolt to put it back into the hole.Wheres the hole? try again, Wheres that f*****g hole?? geez....something is awful soft in there. :scratch2: Could that be insulation? :scratch2: A little bit of insulation cant stop a bolt from going into a hole i says.....Can it? Hmmmm....a few more trys and success, I found it. I start to turn it but It dosent want to screw in. f****r Ill fix you i says. Wheres my hammer? I found it down beside the pile of other broken stuff i tried to fix.....heh heh. :) A few little taps and its in. So now I go to tighten it.....How come this wont tighten?? No problem Ill just unscrew it and start again......How come this wont unscrew??....F**K it, it will stay like that. so i go to put the base back on and to my utter disbelief it goes on without a hitch. Ok, the rest should be easy. I put the nut back on the bolt that didnt come out and tighten it down. success, I put the other long bolt down the hole in the base and it found the hole rather easily....success. I puts the 3rd nut on the hammered bolt and start to screw it down. Sigh of relief as I finish the last one. One more turn and......POP...what the F***?? How come that didnt stay in there? I mean I hammered it in so it should of stayed right?? So I try to turn it in with my fingers...like thats gonna work!! It didnt.....

I now am the proud owner of a set of pioneer CS-05s with no highs and a loose bolt. I put them down stairs with the hammer.

I just bought some CS-05 on Ebay USA

cs-05(1).JPG

cs-05.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5861452397&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

I was really bored when I wrote that. Also apparently quite under the influence of something......lol.
I really have to take them apart to see what the problem is though.

I hope your CS-05s work better than mine. Let me know how they sound when you get them.

Back
Top Bottom