jvc eq indicator bulb replacement / ratings ?

melofelo

Addicted Member
i recently scored a jvc sea 70 eq which had a few indicator lamps out of action and also a 'power on' indicator lamp out too..
i replaced all the lamps with the bare wire type of approximately the same dimensions and they all work but are about 50% dimmer than the original bulbs that are still working..
the main central panel also uses what looks like a sub miniature wired bulb ( 4 in total)...to provide general backlighting in addition to the row of indicator panel bulbs that show the recording line out selection..
2 for orange and 2 for green to indicate normal and reverse mode...
both green back ground illumination bulbs have blown although they worked initially but when fitted with the smaller types used in the rest of the panel they still work..
the bulbs i bought are 12 v 60mA wire terminal types

can anyone recommend the correct rating bulbs for jvc equipment of this period...?
i put my hands up and admit to knowing zilch about electronics..but am willing to buy a multimeter and (go back to school :D ) in order to learn how to test them for the correct rating in order to rplace them..
have soldering iron...willing to learn...
any advice on how to test and replace these bulbs would be GREATLY appreciated...i would love to dispatch this to a tech..but...not many in london that i know of..

its a great eq btw...my second so far...and destined for my main system...definately a keeper..so i would love to get those lights back in action as intended..
any help would be welcome..even though i still have alot to learn about multimeters voltages and other mysteries...

A blast from the past. :D

I see you're still posting here, so I figured I'd ask you if you got it sorted out. I just picked up an SEA-70 and it has several lamps burnt out, only one of the orange ones on top is working, 6 of the 10 in the middle display are working and none of the three on the front faceplate are. Voltages are all fine, the lamps that are burnt out are the ones that would normally be lit up if you have line in/out selected and SEA set to normal. I opened it up and measured about 6 volts, so I figure I'll try one of those 8 volt lamps that I bought from dgwojo. It looks like the lamps have a little coloured cap that fits over them to give them their hue, I'm hoping to reuse them.

Just curious if you have any insight before I start cutting wires.

Back
Top Bottom