Roku locking Roku TV's unless their new TOS are agreed to.

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just learned of this on Apple News. Roku has published new TOS that unless they are agreed to the Roku TV will be disabled. I have not used a Roku in about 10 years once I added an Apple TV there was no longer a reason to have it. Roku bragged about have many hundreds of channels but most of them were sponsored by car dealers, and Lawyers. They showed old westerns and unwatchable kung fu movies, and worse. Plus subscription channels for your dog and cat to watch while you were out of the house.

Roku isn't the only company changing arbitration terms. A lot of companies have done this. Since the odds of me being in a class action suit against Roku is about the same as me getting hit by a meteor, I agreed to the new terms.

My Samsung phone has been asking me for the last six months to agree to new terms and conditions. I am still holding out.

Its not like Apple is an impartial observer.

I get lots of requests to agree to new TOS.
I never reply but expect that continuing to use the product is read as acceptance.
Have not noticed Roku sending TOS change notice. Maybe its only for Roku TVs??

Its not like Apple is an impartial observer.

I get lots of requests to agree to new TOS.
I never reply but expect that continuing to use the product is read as acceptance.
Have not noticed Roku sending TOS change notice. Maybe its only for Roku TVs??
I think it must be Roku TV's if they tried to do the with the Roku box it would be pulled and trashed. When the Amazon Prime Video app appeared on the Apple TV that was the day I removed the Firestick.

I got a notice on my Roku Express last week about it. Since I've got nothing more than the device cost invested I hit agree.

This is just a sleazy silicon valley attempt at trying to weasel their way of taking accountability for letting their users data get compromised. They were just hoping to shaft the majority of their customers before they could legally no longer put off anouncing the data breach.

Back
Top Bottom