Sansui AU-517 cable plugs for F-2021/2022

ARGOU

Hello all !

I have a nice AU-517 that I’m planning to restore . Im in the process making a BOM for the unit , the cable plugs (female) that connecting to the F-2021/22 are cut off and soldered directly to the male pins on the boards . ( picture below )
Has anyone replace this sockets , any suggestion what can be used there ?
Any input , even correct technical description of the past will help !
Thank you in advance !

Attachments

• 172C33E6-D109-41E7-81AB-797774E944D7.jpeg
    172C33E6-D109-41E7-81AB-797774E944D7.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 29
Good luck with finding those connectors. I have found that the 'killer' is the 5mm spacing but with the end pin at 7.5mm - to form a key preventing incorrect insertion.

Good luck with finding those connectors. I have found that the 'killer' is the 5mm spacing but with the end pin at 7.5mm - to form a key preventing incorrect insertion.
Thank you Hyperion , I will need it.
I assume the “Killer” is the male socket attached to the PCB

As far as my searches have taken me - both parts, 'male PCB mounted pins' and matching 'female plug' are no longer made.
Thank you for your time Hyperion !
I never believed that I could find the exact part replacement but something similar for the “female” plug attached to the cable …. For sure it can’t stay like this. an option is to remove all plugs ( male -female ) and attach the cable to the PCB with a male pin and solder it ….

I had this problem with an AU-719. Former owner did cut all female connectors on the driverboards to be able to install some monster cable.

20200128_160058.jpg

In the end I went with singles. But I found something at that time that looked really similar at a jukebox/pinball parts shop, just can not find it at the moment. Could Google Molex connectors for that equipment.

That looks ugly with the 719 , why someone could do such thing ????

The closest I can get , Googling Molex and any other combination is that from mouser :

https://www.mouser.dk/ProductDetail/Molex/50-84-2010?qs=myiN7WxHr024TePn2RupNg==

it will be a difficult one , the PDF with descriptions are using technical terms that I hardly understand…. So going single pin and soldering to the pcb might be the best idea ;
Or I just shotgun what ever it looks similar from mouser and hope I ll be close to what is needed ???
Thank you for the insight GrisPato !
I’ll keep on looking , looks like Amazon is not a bad source either ….

Back
Top Bottom