The 90's Playlist

I'll play. Being close to Seattle, we were pretty heavily influenced by the bands there.

6106.jpg

Excellent album -- Mark Lanegan's voice is a spooky thing.

61DY2346MVL._AA240_.gif

To me, Mudhoney's best album

Hole_Live_Through_This_larg.jpg

They made one great album, this was it. Have to guess her husband wrote most of it, based on their next album, after he was gone.

220px-PearlJam-Ten.jpg

For me, one of the albums that changed the barren wasteland of music coming out of the late 80s

images

Lousy movie, great soundtrack.

images

Local band, early indie college group, with a great effort

images

Love this record!

Many more... Had the great fortune of seeing all of these bands in the day. :)

Last edited:
A long overdue appreciation of great music and performers who were virtually unknown in this country.

buena-vista-social-club-album-cover.jpg

First time I saw Rush, they were opening for Eric Clapton ('74 or '75) on their Caress of Steel tour, WOW they rocked! Next time was '76 opening for BOC, their 2112 tour - only thing wrong with that one, 45 minutes wasn't nearly long enough...

How cool! I would of loved to see them live throughout their whole career!

Speaking of concert length, since the early 2000's they have been doing a 3 hour show (with half an hour for a break/intermission) on every tour. They will be touring N. America yet again starting this Spring and they still rock! Maybe you could catch them again!

That is how I feel as well :thmbsp:

Yep, especially when posting online, I don't care what strangers online think of what I listen to! (Though it's nice when they enjoy it as well).

Teenage Fan Club
Songs From Nothern Britain
Creation

Welcome to the thread, I was wondering if you'd show up. :D Now I'm really screwed lol, you're going to have so much material I'll never be able to listen to even a fourth of it lol.

I'll play. Being close to Seattle, we were pretty heavily influenced by the bands there.

6106.jpg

Excellent album -- Mark Lanegan's voice is a spooky thing.

61DY2346MVL._AA240_.gif

To me, Mudhoney's best album

Hole_Live_Through_This_larg.jpg

They made one great album, this was it. Have to guess her husband wrote most of it, based on their next album, after he was gone.

220px-PearlJam-Ten.jpg

For me, one of the albums that changed the barren wasteland of music coming out of the late 80s

images

Lousy movie, great soundtrack.

images

Local band, early indie college group, with a great effort

images

Love this record!

Some great stuff there for sure! :thmbsp: But, again, this is a thread for what you are listening to now, not just a list of 90's music you enjoy/have enjoyed. Just so there is no confusion. Thanks for reminding me of Mudhoney and Hole btw.

Pearl Jam - Vitalogy (1994)

betterman_alb-v.jpg

Always loved the packaging of this album. I also think it was their last truly great album. (But again need to listen to more recent albums more).

How cool! I would of loved to see them live throughout their whole career!

...this is a thread for what you are listening to now, not just a list of 90's music you enjoy/have enjoyed. Just so there is no confusion. Thanks for reminding me of Mudhoney and Hole btw.
Yeah, I cheated a bit, but I just discovered this thread, and they were all in the last few days... :D

First saw Rush on their Moving Pictures tour, last on the Roll the Bones, I think. Pretty sure we saw all of the ones in between. :)

Yeah, I cheated a bit, but I just discovered this thread, and they were all in the last few days... :D

First saw Rush on their Moving Pictures tour, last on the Roll the Bones, I think. Pretty sure we saw all of the ones in between. :)

No problem, and I didn't know that you had just listened to them recently.

Lucky! :yes: Well, I've seen them 9 times since Counterparts, at least once on every tour/leg since and should see them again this Spring! :banana:

Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese (1991)

114009.jpg

Here's a great little fun cd from '91. Loved the title, quirky music, and lyrics when it came out. It was one of the first truly "weird" albums I ever heard (the other being Pink Floyd's The Wall); I didn't know music could be so...odd.

Les Claypool is a huge Rush fan who has cited Geddy Lee as an inspiration btw. I saw Primus when they opened for Rush in '94 on the Counterparts tour. Recently Claypool performed Rush's "The Spirit of Radio" (his version I didn't care for actually) for their induction into the Canadian Songwriter's Hall of Fame (which, unlike our RnR Hall of Shame, actually means something). He also appeared in the Rush documentary: Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage (2010) as well as many other musicians, some of whom even I didn't know were Rush fans!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1545103/

Starting off the morning listening to:

Orange 9mm - Tragic (1996)

515tzBGxZ%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A great cd from a band that I listened to alot in the late 90's.

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (1993)

SmashingPumpkins-SiameseDream.jpg

Who can forget this one? Good solid album.

Billy Corgan is a huge Rush fan btw. See Rush's documentary, lots of interview footage with him.

Although from a band I never really followed, this is a really good album. I found it when looking through my cds today and listened to it for the first time in probably 10 years.

51E6T8WJYJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bush - Razorblade Suitcase (1996)

41ADZ7BN4YL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Peter Gabriel - Secret World Live

I listened to it on the ride down to Baltimore this morning. I got into PG probably around 95 or so, with the So album, then going back to the older stuff, and then into the newer stuff (Us, Up). I liked a lot of the singles off Us, but it was very 'world beat.' Not bad, but not what I prefer. Up, released a couple years back, is much better, but that's a 2000 album.

So, now I've posted about a 90's album I acutally listened to. :banana:

A definite favorite:

51ToBXz7w6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Deftones - Around the Fur (1997)

That's a nice album cover. I could make any number of bad jokes about fur, but I'll take the high road. Suffice to say, she looks like the cute stoner chick I worked with and wanted to date back in 93/94. Me now would go back to me then and say, "Stop being a wimp, and hit it." But again, that's a different story for a different thread.

Back
Top Bottom