What kind of Wallet do you use?

• Bifold

• Trifold

• Long/Biker

• Minimalist

• Money Clip

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pay w/ Credit Card most of the time but still carry cash. There are several "old school" business in my area that are cash only and some merchants will charge you extra to use a CC. .. We are not going to pay that :no: .. opting to use cash in those cases.

Also like the craftmanship of a good handmade leather wallet (recent revelation) .. still would like to own one minimalist wallet for Summer attire situations though. Local leather crafters in my area make and have those in inventory now, so I can check out before buying. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
T.H.E. Wallet by Spec Ops
Had this thing for over 5 years, and it hardly shows any signs of wear. Tougher than bear meat, it`s a real piece of Mil-Spec gear. A little bulkier than most, but these days, cargo or BDU pants are my standard, so it doesn`t really matter. It has a compartment for your passport....

100070111-2__00513.1514932526.jpg

Used to carry a bifold for many years. When the pandemic hit, I ditched it and my cell phone case has a credit card, DL, and insurance card. If I carry cash, it just goes in my pocket.
When I still had the bifold, I usually put it in my shirt pocket because I realized a few years ago that having it in the back pocket was messing up my hips, especially when driving.

I can get by with a bifold that has a center section. I usually just cave and grab the man bag, shoulder bag, three sections with zippers. It stays in the car when I go out and I grab what I need. I learned long ago that unless I'm camping, travelling light is kinda silly. May as well forgo a bit of convenience and bring more than necessary. My phone isn't a necessity, contrary to what the wifey believes. George Costanza wallet syndrome is a real thing, do NOT routinely sit on a fat wallet.

I use a trifold, have for the past 20 years. I used a bifold in high school.

I like the Big Skinny brand of wallets. They minimize thickness. I have tried to cut my wallet down to minimal items as well. Using their wallet and reducing items has reduced my wallet thickness by 50%. I do front pocket wallet.

I learned long ago that unless I'm camping, travelling light is kinda silly. May as well forgo a bit of convenience and bring more than necessary.

I hear you. I always travel heavy.

I only travel light if i'm getting on a plane.

oh, and an old trifold. Little pockets inside each fold for a card or 2, well worn, black leather.

Bifold with horizontal slots for the cards, very basic. My ex once gave me some sort of aluminum box the size of a cigarette pack because she was paranoid about chip cloning, the kind of trick you see in CSI but can't be done with current technology. Could never get used to it especially since I always carry my wallet in my front pockets. That thing was too rigid and bulky for the purpose, it is meant to be carried in the inside pocket(s) of a sportsjacket, not the kind of garment a heavy equipment operator wears very often.

In high school I had lost a few wallets, so I bought this one at the local record store/head shop. I was 13 years old, had my first job and elected to buy a wallet with a chain.
I have had this leather thing with me for about 2/3 of my life. My last puppy chewed the bottom out of it, so now I open it with one hand underneath for support.
I should probably just buy a new one.
That puppy is a very very good, full grown schnauzer now.
I'll probably have this wallet for at least another decade...

Attachments

• 16392338041285675308201120400157.jpg
    16392338041285675308201120400157.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 12
Leather bifold here.

It gets removed before getting into my car, and is placed in the dash compartment. When at home and wearing jeans, it's put on my dresser. When at home and wearing sweats (most of the time) it's left in the jeans. I too hate sitting on my wallet.

The wife bought me a “Ridge” wallet for Christmas, basic model. Small, compact with RFID blocking. Heavier then anticipated, I cut down the number of CC’s I carry, plus health insurance cards, etc. hated driving while sitting on my wallet, always tried to remove before sitting down, the Ridge gives you plenty of other options for placement given it’s small size. It will take some getting used to after 50 years of carrying standard wallets.

My phone is my wallet. I literally carry two credit cards and my drivers license and that’s it with my phone. If I ever carry cash like for a venue or something, I just put it in my pocket

trifold in left back pocket. All paper work; cards, receipts etc go in the right back pocket for balance ;)

Back
Top Bottom