Whoopie - here we go again - Colonoscopy...!

harman/kardon

From the Fatherland
Subscriber

Until now all the polyps have been benign (they always found some...). Let us hope the best for the next surgery on Monday... As always, I will do the surgery without anesthetization... :eek:

Cheers,
Chris :)

:beerchug:

Edit: replace surgery by examination. Shit. :(

Last edited:
What do you mean "surgery"? Are they cutting you open? If so, that's like no colonoscopy that I've ever encountered.

In any event, good luck and best wishes. I've had 2 and they were no problem, but I'm pro-anesthesia.

I know they I say every man over 50 should get it done and I'm 55 and never had one because I'm a big chicken in that regard. I read up on what the preparation for a colonoscopy was and it scared the crap out of me no pun intended. You've had 6!_ :bowdown: but here's hoping it turns out benign again and wishing you all the luck in the world Chris.

I know they I say every man over 50 should get it done and I'm 55 and never had one because I'm a big chicken in that regard. I read up on what the preparation for a colonoscopy was and it scared the crap out of me no pun intended. You've had 6!_ :bowdown: but here's hoping it turns out benign again and wishing you all the luck in the world Chris.

I know it sounds scary, but really, there is nothing to it. And this come from the biggest coward regarding medical procedures. The prep is simple. You drink this liquid that doesn't taste great, but it really isn't that bad(lemon/lime flavored), you fast, etc and you ride the toilet a fair amount. The procedure is nothing(assuming you let them use anesthesia). I was awake some for one of them, and under for the other. And once you're done and they find nothing, it's a great feeling and you don't normally have to do it again for another 10 years.

I would highly encourage you reconsidering and getting it done. Hopefully others will chime in here as to how easy it is. And it could save your life.

I hope it goes well for you, Chris. I never have to have one. My head is permanently up my butt so I can always see what's going on in there.

head-up-butt-1a.jpg

Best wishes for the exam Chris, but sounds like you're a veteran at this.

I find the prep the most unpleasant part. When It done, they give me something in an IV, but sometimes I'm awake and see they video feed and sometimes I don't remember much.

But to anyone that should get it done but is hesitating - just do it. Colon cancer is no joke and it's one of those things that I understand is very manageable if caught early, but can be real bad if left to grow.

The prep has become a bit easier since we have to drink altogether only two litres of this horrific stuff instead of four litres some years ago.

Back
Top Bottom