X-100-C Rocker Switch Replacement

Pioneer Vir

Restoring a X-100-C and need a replacement rocker switch for the Speakers switch. It's definitely bad and has been burnt at some point. Only thing I can find on it is from the service manual (S6) part number S50200-15-1.

Anyone have an idea on a suitable replacement? Would be nice to have a brown one to match the original but any color would do - functionality is much more important.

Don

The part # is an internal FISHER part # so it doesn't cross to anything out in the real world except in the supply Dept clerks rolodex. And he ain't telling. Soooooooo........... some options.
1.) Dis-Assemble and physically clean/burnish the contacts and re-assemble.
2.) Find a Parts Donor FISHER with the same type switches.
3.) Slog thru a Grainger catalog to see if they have anything like it.
4.) Check Local Ratshack/electronics parts house for switches.
5.) www.oldradioparts.net and see if you can match something

Please provide a picture of the rocker switch. I have some old Fisher chassis, including one with some rockers on it.

That looks to be the same switch as the power switch on my Heathkit AR-15 that went bad after 40+ years. In my case, I was able to disassemble the switch and bend the contacts and it should be good for another 20 years. (Statistically, I'm outta here in 15 years.) Had that attempt failed, it would be possible to buy a slide switch and transplant the slide and contacts to the rocker frame.

Took the switch out today. It's pretty much a mess. The pins are extremely loose. Any type of movement or touch of the switch will result in speaker cut-out. I tried to clean it up but it didn't make any difference. I think it's time to find a replacement for this one.

Don

Attachments

• X-100-C Stereo Switch 1.jpg
    X-100-C Stereo Switch 1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 37
  • X-100-C Stereo Switch 2.jpg
    X-100-C Stereo Switch 2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 27
DPDT, 2 position, On,On. It was probably wired so that in one position it feeds the speakers and in the other position, it feeds a pair of 5-10 watt resistors so the amp doesn't run without a load when the switch is off.
Is there a voltage and current rating printed or stamped on the body somewhere?

It appears that there are 60 ohm resistors connected when the speakers are switched off. Here is the list of rockers form Digi-Key .....

http://www.digikey.com/product-sear...=1&stock=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25

The second one in the list might be a replacement .....

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/M2022TNW01-DA/360-2267-ND/1055234

You can download the spec sheet and check dimensions.

As an alternate, you could start with this slide switch (rated at 11 amps) .....

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/GF-1126-0033/SW333-ND/141165

and transplant the guts. I can't quite tell from the photos, but many of these rockers are just a rocker over a standard slide switch. You would take the contact board from the back and the slide inside and transplant them to your existing switch, keeping the frame and rocker.

25 ohm 5 watt resistors in the "off" position. I'll verify the measurements and take a look at the digikey links. Thank-you!

Don

I discovered yesterday that my X-101-D chassis that had rockers hit the bin and the switches are now gone. Sorry I can't help.

Could use some help on this if possible. Finding a replacement for this rocker switch has absolutely been kicking my rear end. I have searched all over the place and I can't find one that will fit. Entirely possible that it's right before my eyes but I'm just not seeing it.

Measurements for switch are (all close but are not 100% exact...):

- distance between mounting holes: 1 3/8 inches
- rocker length: .9 inches
- rocker width: .25 inches

At this point I don't care about the color, brand, etc. of the rocker just as long as it will fit! Any help what-so-ever would be greatly appreciated. This is the last item I have left to do on this X-100-C. Thank-you!

Don

Back
Top Bottom