Yamaha C-6 "Sleeper"

avionic

" Black Knights "------- F-15 " Wizard "
Subscriber
I'm betting it has 2 burnt out lamps.Most likely dirty controls as well as a handful of old tired electrolytics..:scratch2:

My very first Control amp purchase way back in 1980 was a C-6/M-4.I still really like the parametric tone control setup on the pre-amp. For what it is and what it costed new, maybe $200 at the BX. Great sounding little pre.

Last edited:
I nabbed a c-4 yesterday. of course, you had to add a zero to the priced compared to what you stole this c-6 for...

Dang everybody keeps finding all these C-4s and C-6s or any of those yamaha pre's and i can't find worth nothing here to go with my M4..... :(

Rec'd the pre-amp today...only thing wrong...Two burnt out lamps and a dirty balance control. Sweet! Deox-It and Dgwojo should get her fixed up.:thmbsp: And a new set of Nichicons fer shits and giggles.:D

Rec'd the pre-amp today...only thing wrong...Two burnt out lamps and a dirty balance control. Sweet! Deox-It and Dgwojo should get her fixed up.:thmbsp: And a new set of Nichicons fer shits and giggles.:D

Nice going Dave. I see there is one on Ebay thats up to a 100.00 all ready. :thmbsp:

Nice going Dave. I see there is one on Ebay thats up to a 100.00 all ready. :thmbsp:

There are 3 of them presently on ebay...
The cosmetics on this one is 9.5 out of 10. It came USPS and the shipping box looked like it went through one of the recent tornadoes.I saw the box and said "Oh F%$#".Unpacked it and it was undamaged.:D

Last edited:
You don't come across those kind a deals all the time. It's nice to know that there are still some.:thmbsp:

for shits and grins

Recapped it.Still waiting for some lamps.

dropped the case off at the PC place.Should be ready for pick-up next friday along with a T-7 case.

Attachments

• DSC03711.jpg
    DSC03711.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC03713.JPG
    DSC03713.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Very nice Dave!!

I forgot to PM you but yeah i was outbid on that C-6 from a few weeks back by not very much.

Still on the search haha!

for shits and grins

Recapped it.Still waiting for some lamps.

dropped the case off at the PC place.Should be ready for pick-up next friday along with a T-7 case.

There is a yamaha C6 not to far from me. I re-capped my yamaha C80, how hard would this be in comparisons

Back
Top Bottom