Fisher Consoles 1959-1965

i have a console about that size......from what i rember , it had a balance l&r and the selector had stereo positions , but the amp ,which was on the same chassis ,(6bq5) was mono , there's rca jack for the other amp .......from what i rember ,the owners manuel showed an optional amp and speaker you could buy , the seperate amp was called the fisher companion ,,,,,,,,,my guess is it's around 1958 when stereo was new.
its totaly buried in the garage, ill see if i can get to it & post some pics of the owners manuel , it's in beautiful cond.

i have a console about that size......from what i rember , it had a balance l&r and the selector had stereo positions , but the amp ,which was on the same chassis ,(6bq5) was mono , there's rca jack for the other amp .......from what i rember ,the owners manuel showed an optional amp and speaker you could buy , the seperate amp was called the fisher companion ,,,,,,,,,my guess is it's around 1958 when stereo was new.
its totaly buried in the garage, ill see if i can get to it & post some pics of the owners manuel , it's in beautiful cond.

That would be a '59 model. The lower-tier models were still all mono in '58, including the Medalist II - I stripped one Friday and it certainly had an R-20 receiver, not the stereo-capable R-30-S.

Do any of you Fisher Console fans know anything about an early Fisher Console, Model P410-P with approximate dimensions of 32'' x 19'' x 36''? It may be prior to 1959, I don't know for sure. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have that model number listed in my chassis database as a 1959 PROVENCE II with the R-30-S chassis. However, it is not in Fisher's catalogs or price lists from either '58 or '59. A very mysterious and unusual Fisher console with a very interesting semi-stereo chassis. Can YOU tell us any more about it?

I just picked up an Ambassador V in pristine condition. I bought it from a lady whose parents bought it new in 1963. They gave me the original sales brochure, owners manual, I even got the original sales receipt. You'll notice that it's still in the back of my truck; although I did back it into the garage. I couldn't get in touch with either of my neighbors to help me move it.

I took the tubes out prior to transporting it. It's got some nice Fisher labeled Westinghouse 7591s for the output tubes. Lots of Fisher labeled Telefunken 12AX7/ECC83s and even one Amperex Bugle Boy 12AX7/ECC83. As well as a couple of misc. RCAs and the like.

This is my first console and I’m really looking forward to this one.

Attachments

• Fisher on the truck.jpg
    Fisher on the truck.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Fisher console amp.jpg
    Fisher console amp.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Fisher console speakers.jpg
    Fisher console speakers.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
thats a beautiful piece for shure !,,,,,,,,,,,most have 6bq5's for output , this must be more top of the line with the 7591's for about @ 25/30 wpc.
what pre/tuner does it have , cornet?......garrard turntable?

Thanks man!

It looks like this is an (A-68IP) Italian Provincial cabinet in walnut. The tuner/pre is a 680-T and it has a Garrard Type A turntable

Attachments

• Fisher console tuner.jpg
    Fisher console tuner.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 63
  • Fisher console inside.jpg
    Fisher console inside.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
That is sweet. Thanks for being so quick on the draw. If you'd have hesitated, my wife might have killed me for bringing it home.:D

Fisher Custom Electra IV & Fisher Chadwick - Today's Pick Ups

Today I picked up a Fisher Custom Electra IV and a Fisher Chadwick. They both came from the same family. The Electra was purchased in about 1961 and the Chadwick about a year later. The Electra was in the house of the son (now age 72) and the Chadwick was in his fathers house.

The Custom Electra IV is model E44 in the Early American cabinet with chassis 440T and 440A. The Chadwick uses chassis 460T and 460A with a multiplex unit. This appears to be in a Provincial cabinet.

Both are in nice condition with almost no scratches. I was told the Electra doesn't work but with one of the output tubes broken I knew there would be a problems. I didn't test eather of them yet.

It started to rain here and I had to move them quickly into the garage. I hope to have more photographs, especially the speakers within the next few days.

Here are the photographs of the Electra. The next post will have photographs of the Chatwick.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 61
Fisher Chadwick Photographs

Here are the photographs of the Fisher Chadwick.

I'll have more photographs within the next few days.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 71
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 62
Cool finds. I have a custom Electra IV in early American. Yours appears to be a lighter color then mine. Also noted that the wires in the back seem to be not as neatly place as mine was before I worked on it. I would like to see a better close up of the RCA jacks on the tuner. I have seen two different version of them

Cool finds. I have a custom Electra IV in early American. Yours appears to be a lighter color then mine. Also noted that the wires in the back seem to be not as neatly place as mine was before I worked on it. I would like to see a better close up of the RCA jacks on the tuner. I have seen two different version of them

I'm going to get more photographs up in the next few days. It looks to me that the Electra has had some work done on it. If you look closely at the amp you can even see one of the output tubes is broken. I'll get you a better view of the tuner.

Today I picked up a Fisher Custom Electra IV and a Fisher Chadwick. They both came from the same family. The Electra was purchased in about 1961 and the Chadwick about a year later. The Electra was in the house of the son (now age 72) and the Chadwick was in his fathers house.
Knowing how addictive these consoles can be, I imagine households with multiple Fishers must have been quite common among the well to do. What must it have been like to walk into a Fisher showroom in the early 60s with a healthy enough bank balance to cover the price of admission? I've only had the opportunity to talk with one original purchaser and I didn't have the wherewithal to ask that question.

Did you happen to receive any documentation with the Chadwick? 1962 sounds about right for the year. I'd love to know where it was purchased and for how much or anything else about this somewhat obscure Fisher console. Here is a post with what little I know of this model:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3747940#post3747940

Knowing how addictive these consoles can be, I imagine households with multiple Fishers must have been quite common among the well to do.
Carter:

Are you as jealous as I am with this unbelievably fortunate find? What an amazing Fisher console honey-pot!

Dave

Dave; Count me in on the Jealous wagon. And i've got 3 Fishers (no totally tubed tho.....DAMN!!)

Larry

Knowing how addictive these consoles can be, I imagine households with multiple Fishers must have been quite common among the well to do. What must it have been like to walk into a Fisher showroom in the early 60s with a healthy enough bank balance to cover the price of admission? I've only had the opportunity to talk with one original purchaser and I didn't have the wherewithal to ask that question.

Did you happen to receive any documentation with the Chadwick? 1962 sounds about right for the year. I'd love to know where it was purchased and for how much or anything else about this somewhat obscure Fisher console. Here is a post with what little I know of this model:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3747940#post3747940

Sorry, I really don't have information to add concerning the Chadwick.

The consoles came from Central New Jersey. The wife placed the ad for the Chadwick and said it belonged to her father-in-law. Also mentioned a second Fisher console made within a year of the Chadwick. I asked for pictures of the second Fisher and it turned out to be the Electra IV.

I first went to the son's home where they had the Electra IV in the "den" and were using it as a base for their large color TV. He said that his wife had already owned it prior to their marriage. He was a builder and the house was built in 1962 or 1963. I guess it came along with her in the marriage. The son was 72 and retired. We both lifted it out to the cargo van. He said it hadn't been used in years. Fortunately, he had a nice cloth over it to protect the top from the color TV.

We then drove about 10 minutes to his fathers house and picked up the Chadwick. It was kept in the living room. The only member of the family I met was the son but he said his father is 92 year old! The Chadwick also had not been used for years. Both units had been kept in clean dry sections of the house. I could see that some of the tubes had been replaced over the years with non Fisher brand. I was also told that the Electra turntable was once out for repair for about 3 months.

The son was extremely nice and helpful but not really giving when I tried to ask questions about the equipment. The homes were average middle to upper middle class variety and well kept. The only paper I received was the Electra IV Operating Instructions book (10 pages).

I won't have until this weekend to take additional pictures. I want to see the speakers and take a closer look at the chassis. Right now both units are in my garage. I have a very small home and the only Fisher in it now is the Electra II that is across the room from me in my office room.

My other Electra II and Consolette 61 are also in the garage at this time. My home only has 850 square feet and not much else I can fit in here. My basement will eventually house the Fishers - it's clean and dry down there. I need to sell a few of my over 100 radios and TV's in the basement before I can bring anything else down there. There is also the problem of about 7000 tubes (in boxes) I purchased about a year ago. It takes a long time to sell them.

I paid $150.00 total for both the Chadwick and Electra IV.

Pictures to follow this weekend.

Last edited:
They should have devised a truly outlandish console above and beyond the President and Executive. It could have been named "The Kingfisher." :D

Before I forget....

let me add these 610 schematics here. Red if this is a dupe post, let me know and I'll delete it....

A.A.

Fisher610ST_Cover.jpg

Fisher610ST_PartsList.jpg

Fisher610ST_Schem1.jpg

Fisher610ST_Schem2.jpg

the diplomat. fired it up and fm works fm stereo I get a buz and the right channel works on the phono. Have yet to get inside.

Attachments

• Picture 597.jpg
    Picture 597.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Picture 598.jpg
    Picture 598.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 61
  • Picture 599.jpg
    Picture 599.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom