Here's The 810 Combo I Just Bought

parman

Music Junkie
Just bought this CA & CT-810 combo from the original owner. Old guy I knew from work before he retired. He had other gear but he didn't want to sell it and I really wasn't interested anyway. These 2 are pretty dirty but no real damage. He even had a few original manuals. I didn't get this cheap, I gave him what he was asking but it was a fair price.
IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2500.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

here's the CT-810 owners manual and sales pamphlet

IMG_2501.jpg

This was something else he had, a CR-1020 sales pamphlet. Said he never had one but must have picked up some literature.

Huge fan of the 810. I've had one since College - 1980. Wanted one so bad, my local Audio store had to go out on the Yamaha Distributor Network back then and find me one, since they were discontinued by then, but he found one. I never had the tuner, mated it with a Sherwood tuner instead, but that amp is solid as a rock. It's still my favorite amp. Yes, I still have it.

Congrats on the purchase. ENJOY. I'm sure you will.

Verry nice

I have a ca 810 that needs new meter lamps

I hope to find the matching tuner some day

I'm cleaning inside the amp right now and I've blown out and brushed and vacuumed all I can. I have some long foam swabs and was thinking of wiping the circuit boards because I can still see dirt. Should I dip the swab in alcohal or some other liquid to really get things clean? Or should I quit before I damage something?

Parman:

I use CRC Electronic Cleaner. It's readily available at Walmart, AutoZone, etc - and it's inexpensive. You can get it in a spray can or liquid dispenser. The liquid is harder to find. I use the spray.

It dries very quickly and cleans well. I spray cotton balls and swabs with it and use the balls and swabs to clean up around components. You still have to be a bit careful. It also works great to clean potentiometers. I know we all tout using DeOxit for that, but CRC works well too. I've used it for years and years. It's a staple on my electronics bench. The spray bottle comes with an insert hose so you can get it into the pot's openings and spray lightly.

Others will probably have better ideas, but that's what I do and I've been repairing and building Amateur Rigs and Audio Rigs since 1972.

Lower middle of the CA-810 in your first post photo looks to be missing the Pre Out-Main In jumpers (U-shaped posts that connect left to left and right to right...if these are missing the preamp and amp sections are typically separated*). *Some owners wired them internally and got rid of the jumpers (don't ask me why).

I don't know if you've powered up the amp yet, but if you don't get any sound that's the possible reason. The previous owner might still have them...I've seen some folks use short RCA cables for substitute interconnects. Either way, you might want to ask the previous owner why they are missing.

I've had a CA-810 since 1978 and it still sounds great...even has an MC Phono input.

Yamaha%20CA%20810%20back.JPG

Last edited:
Hey wajobu
Thanks for the info. I figured that out the other day and don't know why the jumpers weren't there. I used #8 solid copper wire. It seems like everything except the meter lights work. I'm gonna try to find original bulbs for a quick fix.

Jumpers

IMG_2509.jpg

Here's the jumpers I made from 8ga. solid copper wire. Can I get a shock if I touch them?:confused: Can you tell what year the amp was manufactured by the ser. # ?

Back
Top Bottom