another console

krimney

Couldn't let this one go, garage sale item for 20 bucks. I seem to recall seeing one of these TT on ebay I think for some big $, maybe??? This one is am only and in very nice shape. It has a receipt attached to it indicating alot of parts/work done to it about 10 yrs ago, so it should last a while yet. Not sure if the TT is working but the radio does. It is an RCA.

opened up

Here is what it looks like opened up.....anyone know anything about this style/model??

Not that this is much help but I had a stand alone TT that looked remarkably similar and it was a model 45J I do think it went for good $ on the bay but I sent mine up to my dad to add to his ever growing collection of vintage table radios.

Ask over in the internet newsgroup "rec.antiques.radio+phono" but post the pictures only in "alt.binaries.pictures.radio". Someone there might recognize it. And if you can find a model number, there's an outside chance that I might have a copy.

model info

The paper tag on the back is in excellent shape and reads" RCA Victor Radio" " Super Heterodyne" 9W501

9W501 is also marked on the back of the amp. Two tubes that look like output are 35L6

not a bad little console krimney i have the exact same console upstairs in my living room that i use when i want to listen to am radio.the only difference is mine has 2 handles instead of the one on the flip down cover.
chris

9W501 isn't in the Sams Photofact index, but I'll look for something similar, now that I know the year.

That would be listed in Ryder's. Or is Rider's? 2 volume set with schematics and general info made from forever as far as radios go, check your main library to see if they keep copies in the stacks and you can photocopy the info. I pulled the info on an AM/Shortwave chairside Stromberg Carlson from the late 30s. The books are thick and it is hard to get good copies but the price is right.
Post in Antique Radios and I bet someone has them. They are pretty much a standard for those into antique radios.

Cool console ... I collect (accumulate) 45 players and unusual consoles ... especially RCA and Zenith ... the 45 changer looks like a Model 9JY from '49 ... a plug in attachment for consoles (no amplifier) ... the self-contained (w/amplifier), stand alone 45 players are more sought after by collectors and restorers ... but a great buy for $20 :) ...

plug in

The TT on this unit does have a cord with a two prong plug (in addition to the power cord)so looks like it can easliy be added/removed.

One day I'll get around to listening to it.

Back
Top Bottom