G22000...Tuner-Preamp very good, Power Stage, damaged...

Kale

Hi guys again,
Finlay I have received that Sansui the biggest receiver. As I am happy what tuner preamp part is almost mint, the power part of that receiver was badly damaged by corrosion (I think by CocaCola somewhere in the past). Because I dont like talk so much, I am going to show you the pictures....

PICT2106_.jpg

IMG_3134_.jpg

PICT2107_.jpg

PICT2111_.jpg

That was tuner-preamp of G22000

Last edited:
Congrats Kale on getting a G22000! But sorry to hear about the Power amp part of the receiver.:tears:

Now the tuner/pre sure does look nice! :yes:

If you look at the second and third pictures from the top of your second post, it looks like the Coca Cola ate through that cover by the big power caps.

It looks like someone spilled Coca Cola into the receiver and never cleaned it up and let it just eat through the metal and make everything rust.

But I know you can get that beast running again! I've seen your work and I know you can fix it! :thmbsp:

Congrats Kale on getting a G22000! But sorry to hear about the Power amp part of the receiver.:tears:

Now the tuner/pre sure does look nice! :yes:

For me it is more important that I have tuner-preamp part in good condition, because it is more complex than Power part...

If you look at the second and third pictures from the top of your second post, it looks like the Coca Cola ate through that cover by the big power caps.

It looks like someone spilled Coca Cola into the receiver and never cleaned it up and let it just eat through the metal and make everything rust.

Yes, I agree with you...

But I know you can get that beast running again! I've seen your work and I know you can fix it! :thmbsp:

Thanks! But I already did some work on it, so... :)

Man.That is sad..Going to take alot of effort to get that amplifier back into serviceable status.

I am satisfied now :)

First, transformer...
PICT2205_.jpg

And then other parts...

PICT2194_.jpg

PICT2193_prije.jpg

PICT2209_.jpg

PICT2213_.jpg

PICT2215_.jpg

Last edited:
Finally

So I finished with that part of restoration, now I have to do restoration job on electronics, but it will be done later, because now I dont have so much free time....

Last edited:
WOW! To bring it from looking like what it was when you got it to what it looks like now is something!

Congrats! Can't wait to see the final pics of when its finished.

Oh my goodness ! that is an absolutely AMAZING transformation.

Superb as usual Kale, my hat is off to you :thmbsp:

Thank you guys! But that is only the first part of restoration on that unit... did you see in which condition is the power board? Who knows what I will find there...:scratch2:

Why I always bought units on which I must to do a lot of work... do you remember how it was looking my first G8000?
look here
or my second G8000... (attach)...

Attachments

• front_right.jpg
    front_right.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 179
  • front_left.jpg
    front_left.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 154
Kale, you're dedication to a complete restoration - asthetically and functionally - is astounding. I wish you lived closer! :yes:

Great work! :thmbsp:

Where did your G-22000 come from, BTW?

Kale, you're dedication to a complete restoration - asthetically and functionally - is astounding. I wish you lived closer! :yes:

Great work! :thmbsp:

Where did your G-22000 come from, BTW?

Hi MAXZ28, I have bought it on eBay, the seller was from California. I paid for it 800 US$ without shipping costs, and I remember that seller was wondering why left channel didnt work...

I still have yours grounding plugs, and thanks again for that!

WOW! I wish I could eat my dinner off those pristine surfaces tonight!!! Hats off to your fine painting and prep work.

Collin

Back
Top Bottom