Calling 'CornScala' owners/builders

HomeBody

Passion not Critisism
Please provide some detailed photos of this so-called 'CornScala' ...
censoree.gif
I'm not having much luck googling images or layouts.

here's my build log on CornScala's 4 of them

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/129786.aspx?PageIndex=1

I've yet to do the grills as i'm working on 3 hersey's into hybrids also & will do a build log of that build starting tomorrow but will do that build log here! the CornScala have blown me away on how good they sound the bass response is awesome
the mids & highs now have definition,detail,clarity, that was never present when they were CornWalls
I can say that the Crites woof,mid horn & his CT 125's all have mated very well into a sound to die for ! the added beefiness of the added 3/4" oak plywood & the Crites cast woofs has made the bass
response amazing to say the least
Give the build log a look .....

I can't speak for the rest of it, but those CT-125's are dynamite. I just put them in my K-Horns and the sound has vastly improved over the stock K-77's. They are a great deal for sure!

Are you folks doing the original or Cornscala ll sited on Crites website?? I have two sheets of 1 inch mdf that I was gonna use for another project but........................

I used the Cornwall 1 on my builds
1976 &1977 vintages fine were they !
as for the CT-125 Yes a huge difference for the better !

So am I to understand that the 'Corn-Scala' will provide that punch in the chest that I've noticed from Belles and KHorns?

I think you get more punch as the woofer is radiating directly @ you
for Me that is why I like the Cornwalls over the Lascalas when I bought my 1st set
& now I have the best of both worlds horns of a Lacsala & the punch of the Cornies
Now this is I M H O will cause some argument with people but each to his own ,it's a " what U like that matters " & This is what I like ...
I feel the LaScala have a bass roll off that Cornwalls don't have & I like the bass response of the Cornwalls

I like some subtle punch that can be felt on my face or chest plate...no doubt.
Especially if the punch can be brought about at lower volume levels.

If memory serves... Cornwall "I"s were 100dB @ 1W/1M, "II"s were 101dB @ 1W/1M and "III"s are are 102dB @ 1W/1M.

Based on the crossover changes between say a Type-A (La Scala & KHorn) and a Type-B (Cornwall I) I'd put the effeciency at right around 100dB to 101dB at 1W/1M for a Cornscala.

The logic behind this assumption is that the squawker and tweeter are both 1 tap on the autoformer below those on a Type-A. This equates to a 3dB drop in output to each. Since a La Scala is rated at 104dB @ 1W/1M I believe the ~100dB number will be pretty close.

3.5 watts per channel should drive a pair of Cornscalas to somewhere just shy of 106dB.

The short answer... 3.5 watts per channel will drive a pair of Cornscalas to loud enough levels to get you evicted from your apartment. ;)

Ok, may seem like a dumb question but wanna make sure....... The front and back pieces are not glued in, correct?? Maybe use some type of sealer or something like that ( something easily removable), is that right??

need more InFo !

Ok, may seem like a dumb question but wanna make sure....... The front and back pieces are not glued in, correct?? Maybe use some type of sealer or something like that ( something easily removable), is that right??
Just so we on the same page what front & rear pieces are we talking about ?

3/4" or 1" front/back panels...either glued or screwed using silicon gasket on the perimeter.....
The front/back are only two components of the enclosure. You still have the sides, top & bottom.
I think I'm lost on Shelby's inquiry...

Back
Top Bottom