my second fisher console

WarrGo

Just got home with a 62 futura provincial. Son of the original owner. Sorry I will have to add photos later. didn't have time to look at everything yet.

will keep you all informed

Warren

Very nice according to the pics on the FisherConsole site. The Fruitwood should have the door knobs on the edge of the door, and the Mahoghany should have them in the middle of the door. The OM and SM are there if you need them. Looks very similar to my 61 Coronet (C-55) and 65 Custom Electra VIII.

Larry

Fisher consoles are a lot like potato chips with respect to just having one. The Futura III is a significant step up from your CE IV. It will likely be a long time - if ever - before you run across anything to top that. Congratulations! I'm looking forward to photos.

Incidentally, I finally got around to updating the AK Fisher console "Roster". There have been twelve new Fisher consoles on AK since the last update in April. That brings the total to 131.

Hello,

Nice find and a nice console finds a loving home. Win/Win :)

I have two Fisher consoles myself. Never knew that we had a roster. ??

How do I join it ?? Secret handshake ??

Frannie

Frannie, how could I overlook you?!? I was familiar with your 610 and 560 from back when it first hit eBay. It is currently represented under seanrr's username which I have just ammended to reflect the full chain of ownership. I was not aware of your other Fisher console. I look forward to your upcoming post (as per Westy56's advice). I can assure you of swift admission and I apologize for the oversight.

To dispel the persistent rumors of secret handshakes, elaborate initiation rituals and clandestined, torchlit meetings; I refer you back to the original retrospective roster I compiled last year which I prefaced with my rationale:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3659360&postcount=287

Last edited:
Hiya,

I will post it elsewhere when I get around to restoring it as I am swaying this thread off into Frannie Never-Never land.

I did post a small corner picture of it in this thread. (Last Post)

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=371695

And here are some pictures from the CL Ad when I bought it attached.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The console is Early American CE VII and other than the fact that the original owners converted it into a large speaker its in fantastic shape. (They cut the Molex to the 481A amp and spliced to use the speakers)

I am on the fence about the cab as I am more into the "Modern" style. But its not a ugly console by any means.

Frannie

Attachments

• electra1.jpg
    electra1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 178
  • electra2.jpg
    electra2.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 183
  • electra4.jpg
    electra4.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 253
OH YOU'RE the ONE that got that CE VII. I'm kinda on the fence about that style too. I was thinking I could part it out and use them as spares for my VIII. But it's got a good home and that counts for a lot. Baynesville electronics has Molex connectors in stock. But they are pricey.

Larry

Hiya,

OH YOU'RE the ONE that got that CE VII.

Yah I found it buried under furniture on DC CL two days after it was posted and I was the first to contact. I was not the only one by the time I picked it up a few days later. So I laid low posting anything about it here as I knew other AK members were in line and I felt bad.

Funny thing but maybe a week later the "Modern" version of the Custom Electra VII shows up on BT. rwj0j0 got that one and I ended up doing some horse trading with the same seller that landed me a 800C.

I will not ever get rid of this unless I trade or sell it to someone who will not rip it apart. But if the right higher end modern console comes into my radar and I get help picking it up this one will be cycled out as I am totally out of room.

Frannie

Last edited:
Hiya,

Yah I found it buried under furniture on DC CL two days after it was posted and I was the first to contact. I was not the only one by the time I picked it up a few days later. So I laid low posting anything about it here as I knew other AK members were in line and I felt bad.

Funny thing but maybe a week later the "Modern" version of the Custom Electra VII shows up on BT. rwj0j0 got that one and I ended up doing some horse trading with the same seller that landed me a 800C.

I will not ever get rid of this unless I trade or sell it to someone who will not rip it apart. But if the right higher end modern console comes into my radar and I get help picking it up this one will be cycled out as I am totally out of room.

Frannie

Am I doing something wrong? When I search CL,it's usually for "phono" "phonograph" or "record player" not furniture.

Hiya,

I was talking about the category "Furniture"

People forget that consoles are in fact furniture.

Most people tend towards electronics or antiques categories to narrow searches. I have found both furniture and collectables have items posted as well.

Frannie

Frannie: I have a 4x8 open trailer for my pickup. so anytime you need to move consoles, SHOUT! I've not used it for that as most all my consoles will fit in the S-10 (One at a time, smartie!). But it'll definately hold (the trailer will) 2 consoles side by side.

And the above goes for all the BALTIMORE AREA AK'ers with Consoles and a car. Just pour a couple gallons of gas in the tank.

Larry

PS. I go thru the following catagories using Record Player, Record player console, phonograph, and phonograph console; Antiques, appliances, collectibles, electronics, FREE, Furniture, Garage Sales, General, Household, Musical Instruments. Most of the time I get hits in Antiques, Furniture, Electronics, and Household. My CE VIII was listed in Musical Instruments. Larry

Hiya,

I was talking about the category "Furniture"

People forget that consoles are in fact furniture.

Most people tend towards electronics or antiques categories to narrow searches. I have found both furniture and collectables have items posted as well.
Frannie

My statesman console (gutted) was in FURNITURE and the guts listed in ELECTRONICS.

Steve

But if the right higher end modern console comes into my radar and I get help picking it up this one will be cycled out as I am totally out of room.

Frannie

Well THAT didn't take long. Less than a month later she SCORED an EXECUTIVE for FREE!!!

I get the feeling Fran is like me. Getting pickier on what Brand she picks up and actually KEEPS. Maggie's come and go, as do RCA's, Nordmende, and Grundig's, but My FISHERS will have a permanent home as long as I'm around.

Larry

Hiya,

Yah I already flat packed a Stromberg Carlson Mono console. It was not particularly interesting and kinda beat up anyhow. I did save the PP 6V6 AM/FM receiver and more than enough wood to build a box around it.

This CE VII has a spot in my home once I get things reorganized around here.

Frannie

Back
Top Bottom