Linda Ronstadt - Don't Cry Now

70salesguy

Only 99 easy payments!
I just received this in the mail today.

Mobile Fidelity UltraDisc II CD of Linda Ronstadt's Don't Cry Now.

I have had this on vinyl since it was released in 1973. Also on CD since it was released back in the 80's. I have never heard it as clear as I have this afternoon. Colorado is absolutely amazing!

A little pricey, but well worth it to me!

As an interesting side note, I have always been very fond of the cover picture. That is primarily because in this picture, she looks very much like my college girlfriend, who shared the same birthday!

This poor quality picture of my former girlfriend was taken as part of an exhibit at school during an "Open House" event to show the "progress" of office tools through the decades. Fortunately, my GF was the "Secretary of 1970". :)

DontCryNowcover.jpg

DontCryNowrear.jpg

ds.jpg

Last edited:
Definately one of her best albums and there were several she made that are indeed fantastic.
Add to that "Heart Like A Wheel" and "Hasten Down The Wind". :yes:

No, you aren't the only one. I have most of Linda's LPs, and like them all, some more than others. :music: :thmbsp:

Interesting that you ordered the Ultradisc II. I recently acquired a small pile (total 70 discs) of secondhand "audiophile" cds including some Ultradiscs (Japanese I and USA II) and similar gold "original master" disks from other brands, and their sound is so good that I think I've found another direction to collect in! Why buy regular CDs when these sound better? More expensive, to be sure, but probably worth it.

It kills me when I think that years ago, I bought many ordinary CDs to get "more" music, when now I really wish I had bought half as many discs at twice the price (each), by getting these instead. Live and learn. I'll be keeping my eyes open for more of these better-made gold discs, and just buy fewer cds in total, so as not to blow out the budget. Quality over quantity, any day.

Am I the only one who really likes this album?
Nope, I've had a copy of that in one format or another ever since it was released.

Linda Ronstadt is a wonderful singer with a marvelous body of work. I have several copies of that LP. In fact, she sold so many LPs that she too is a staple in many thrifts and yard sales, so it's quite easy to find primo condition LPs by her. I just replaced my whole collection with some fresh ones that look hardly played.

Great stuff!!

I saw her open for Neil Young in 1973. She was this tiny girl with a big voice. I've always liked her music. I'll pick up the record for sure.

Last edited:
It's a done deal. Just visited Elusive Discs and bought the record. I haven't heard this one in years but always thought it ranked up there with one her best.

I saw her in 1974, at a mega concert, in the old Capital Arena, in Largo, MD.

Linda Ronstadt
Jackson Browne
Eagles
Dan Folgerberg

Steve

Additional Linda Ronstadt titles on UltraDisc II

Definately one of her best albums and there were several she made that are indeed fantastic.
Add to that "Heart Like A Wheel" and "Hasten Down The Wind". :yes:

I have a total of 4 premium discs from Miss Ronstadt, 3 UltraDisc II recordings and 1 from Audio Fidelity.

There is an additional disc available from UltraDisc II, Simple Dreams, but I haven't yet decided to purchase it. It is a nice album, but I'm not as fond of it as I am of the others!

DontCryNowcover.jpg

PrisonerinDisguiseOMR.jpg

HastendownthewindOMR.jpg

HeartLikeaWheelOMR.jpg

SimpleDreams.jpg

Back
Top Bottom