Unique & Distinctive Speakers

They are not massless - plasma is a state of matter, just like solids, liquids and gasses, and in fact, it is the most common state of matter since the sun and stars are plasma. And if the sun didn't have mass and therefore gravity, there would be no solar system.
Plasma is matter that is excited to the point were some of the electrons fly off the atoms and molecules that make it up (which are then ions), so it is electrically conductive, which is why it can be used to create sound. Because it is so excited, chemical reactions that don't easily happen at normal (to us humans) temperatures which is why ozone can be formed. That tingly smell after a spark (which is plasma) is ozone. Lots of it is formed in in the upper atmosphere where the intense radiation of the sun tears oxygen molecules apart and allows them to combine into ozone.

I suspect most posters are familiar with the aroma of Ozone. It would seem that the question is, how much mass does a plasma have? If an oscillating plasma for a speaker has any mass, it's sure to be close to zero.

AFAIK Lansch (Germany) is the only company currently making plasma speakers (tweeters). There was an American company (Fane?) that made Ionovac plasma tweeters. There was also the Allan Hill Plasmatronic speaker. It used a tank of Nitrogen to provide the gas to be "plasmified". Consequently there was no Ozone produced. I've always been curious as to how the Ionovac and Lansch tweeters handle the Ozone produced.

If memory serves, it was Dukane. Fane was, I think, a British company. Back in the 80s, I saw a pair of Dukane Ionovacs at a surplus auction at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland, but couldn't tell if they were an auction item.
Plasma has essentially the same mass as the gas it was produced from - other wise, conservation of matter would be violated. And as I noted earlier, the sun is plasma, and if it had no mass and hence no gravity, the solar system would not exist.
And a massless material would be unable to make sound - sound is the movement of pressure waves and something needs to make the air move/compress/rarify, and that something is particles with momentum that bump into the air molecules. No mass, no momentum, and no force.

iu

Speaker Art...

Romance - Stereo Stilettos design
- when I saw these, they got me all "pumped" up :D
- these are bound to be a "shoe in" for some awards out there :D
speakerfeature_2.jpg

- one can really hear the heart and "sole" in these :D
- easiest speakers to determine proper "toe-in" :D
- great for listening to "football" games :D

Steel Speaker by TRANSPARENT AUDIO
— Crafted from recycled Swedish steel.
— Single use or double up. Two speakers (L/R) can be paired using Bluetooth or a cable. Also compatible with our other speakers.
— High quality sound
Steel Speaker | Transparent

Steel-Speaker-Front-01_w1000.jpeg

Transparent Speakers by TRANSPARENT AUDIO
— High quality loudspeaker with Bluetooth or cable option.
— Single use or double up. Two speakers (L/R) can be paired using Bluetooth or a cable. Also compatible with our other speakers.
— Includes optional wall mounting brackets.
Transparent Speaker White

3_w1000.png

WORLD’S BIGGEST SPEAKER (80 Inch) by Alex Audio
Power Handling 2500 W
PEAK Power 5000 W
Sensitivity (1W/1m) 99 dB
Maximum SPL 135 dB
Nominal Impedance 8 Ohm
LF Driver 80″ woofer
Cone material Carbone
Magnit Neodymium
Connection Neutrik speakON – NL4MP
Size 2360 x 2360 x 657 mm
Weight 350 kg
frankfurt-dinamik-e1430068234632.jpg

Horn Speakers: JBL M2 Master Reference Monitors
more info

The JBL M2 is a revolutionary new horn speaker design that is said to produce the best Frequency Response results on the 360 degree spinorama at Harman. Their waveguide dubbed 'Image Control' provides neutral off-axis frequency response and is touted to be one of the world’s most accurate loudspeakers. The D2 compression horn driver is crossed over at 800Hz, and everything on down is sent to their 15” woofer. Both the tweeter and woofer utilize dual voice coils for increased power handling and heat dissipation, which is why these babies are able to muster up a whopping 123dB output at 1 meter. The system comes as an active solution with Crown amps and has enough SPL capability to make Grandpa Simpson’s teeth explode with ease. If you’re a horn lover, it is doubtful you will find a speaker that can better the neutrality and dynamics of the M2 monitors. If you can't manage the enormity of these speakers for your room, check out JBL's new 7-Series which feature the same horn technology and much of the trickle down technology developed for these speakers in a much more compact form factor.

WORLD’S BIGGEST SPEAKER (80 Inch) by Alex Audio
Power Handling 2500 W
PEAK Power 5000 W
Sensitivity (1W/1m) 99 dB
Maximum SPL 135 dB
Nominal Impedance 8 Ohm
LF Driver 80″ woofer
Cone material Carbone
Magnit Neodymium
Connection Neutrik speakON – NL4MP
Size 2360 x 2360 x 657 mm
Weight 350 kg