What was the last movie you watched?

I just watched The Gemini Man starring Will Smith. Good movie a lot of action shots and a good plot better than his last few movies.

The Adustment Bureau- we liked it very much. A surprising love story without following the worn, over used chick flick formula.

Once Upon a Time in America (2019)

I just watched this earlier this evening at the ArcLight theater in Hollywood and I loved it.
It perfectly captured the period and place, and Pitt and DiCaprio were terrific. The “what if” ending was classic Tarantino, insanely violent, and yet at the same time, funny.

Last week I watched Cloud Atlas for the first time. A very ambitious storyline that borders on parallel plots. Recommended for its ambitiousness.

cloud-atlas.jpeg

The Woman in Black (12) Radcliffe

Not a bad jump out and scare old school film without all the gore.

I still am thinking about seeing this. In university, a theatre group I liked on campus that only did black box theatre did a two man play version of this story for Halloween. It was really fun and actually a bit scary.

Last week I watched Cloud Atlas for the first time. A very ambitious storyline that borders on parallel plots. Recommended for its ambitiousness.

cloud-atlas.jpeg

I have read the book and rather enjoyed it. Have been hesitant about seeing a movie adaptation of it given the book's ambition. May still check it out.

I still am thinking about seeing this. In university, a theatre group I liked on campus that only did black box theatre did a two man play version of this story for Halloween. It was really fun and actually a bit scary.

It's actually a good watch, haven't read the book so have nothing to compare it to. I did see Hammer in the production credits.

Yep.

I watched "The Mule" with Clint Eastwood (the star and director of the movie).

Eastwood is currently my favorite working director. He allows a story to play out at a normal pace - no need for constant action or contrived twists and turns.

The story and the characters seem real. And over the two hours of the movie you learn to understand and feel for the characters.

So many movies today feel like a video game. It's a two hour ride that you forget about quickly.

But I thought a lot about the story of The Mule and Eastwood's character long after the movie was over.

I highly recommend it.

Cheers,

Snade

"Judy" with Renee Zellweger. Well done but I didn't really get into it. Messed-up performer takes drugs, messes up relationships. I've seen that movie before... The most interesting parts were the flashbacks to her studio life as a teenager.

The Mule.

A friend recommended it. A good story with fine performances all round. Clint has the luxury of having scripts written for him. This translates to quality movies which aren't done out of necessity. They are movies done out of love of telling a tale.

More power to the guy.

I, too, enjoyed this one a lot. Helluva tale, ain' it?

Back
Top Bottom