What was the last movie you watched?

I am in the process of watching The Irishman
It is a long movie(3 hours+) but I'm finding it engrossing and I will be interested in establishing how much is pure fiction and how much is true to the events. Aside from that It is perhaps the best Martin Scorsese movie I've ever seen.

If you did know the real truth, your ability to provide future posts may not happen, m'8!

"It is, what it is".

Q

Eddie The Eagle, again on DVD from local public library..a nice "feel good" movie. Watching the extra bits after movie (driving SWMBO nuts) is essential to see how they filmed all the ski jumping, fascinating :)

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, a 2016 fantasy film directed by David Yates. A joint British and American production, it is a spin-off and prequel to the Harry Potter film series, and is produced and written by J. K. Rowling in her screenwriting debut, inspired by her 2001 guide book of the same name. The film features an ensemble cast that includes Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol, Ezra Miller, Samantha Morton, Jon Voight, Carmen Ejogo, and Colin Farrell.

I´ve enjoyed it!

Fantastic_Beasts_and_Where_to_Find_Them_poster.png

The Tree Of Life
(Malick, 2011)

One of cinematic history's greatest achievements? Perhaps, perhaps not, but I was thoroughly engrossed for 180 minutes and am still reflecting on what I heard and saw a day later.

Last night we watched The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996) -
Directed by Renny Harlan (Die Hard 2, Cliffhanger, Cutthroat Island, Mindhunters) its a kind of pre-Bourne (Bourne Identity-2002) story of a Special black-ops assassin who gets amnesia and is lost for 8 years, living a life as a teacher, mother and community member - then gets "Woke", and has a romping big adventure.
Samuel Jackson adds spice, Brian Cox plays a government operative who trained her (Shades of Bourne!) and the move is big fun. Plus - its a Christmas Story! Plus a big finale at Niagara Falls and the Canadian Border. And a big BOOM!
We should be streaming this one with Die Hard every year for the holidays - its excellent B movie fare! And nearly unknown!

601px-TLKG-2guns04A.jpg Long Kiss Goodnight.jpg

Ford v. Ferrari

Really enjoyed this one, particularly the cinematography of racing, and engine soundtracks. Probably one of the best shot movie racing scenes IMO. And the period sports and racing cars, gotta love them Cobras, Porches, Fords etc...

Back
Top Bottom