What's the first piece of gear you would replace?

cubdog

banging through drywall
Not necessarily your best or favorite piece. If, due to some catastrophic failure you lost your gear, what's the one piece you would buy again? I enjoy my entire system but I would, without a doubt, buy another Squeezebox Touch. It might be the only return item even though it's the cheapest component in the system. So what would you have to buy again?

cubdog

My Ohm speakers and Bose amp/pre. The rest is just stuff although the Akai GX-747 is very cool looking.

My Leben CS-300x. If anything else went, I'd probably use it as an opportunity to try something else.

I don't think I'd re-buy anything, as there's so many pieces I have yet to own. Some of my gear has sentiment cause my father gave them to me, so those pieces are irreplaceable (to me).

I already have a back up Avionic Yamaha c4 preamp just in case. But if anything else dies I figure it'll be a great reason to try something else.

For me, oddly enough - and ironically - it would be my two lowest-end pieces of gear; the two Sony 400-disc DVD/CD/SACD players which conveniently store my discs and provide remote control access to my collection (use as transports via the Lexicon). Also, I'd have to replace my Thorens TD-165, unquestionably. I'm not sure that I'd find a remote-controlled pre-amp that I would prefer over the Lexicon dc-1, but it wouldn't need to be surround-sound, so it's possible. I'd also need to find one heckuva deal on high-end power amps not to replace the Adcoms.

Last edited:
What would you do if most of your gear was DIY, some of it, one-off?:scratch2:
I guess I'm going to have to make two of everything :D.

None of it. I change my mind so often there'd be no point in replacing any of my current stuff with the exact same stuff.

Perhaps the JBL 4410 Studio Monitors. Dunno - most of my stuff isn't special, but it sounds good and I love to play with it all.

That's hard. I just picked up a Transporter to go along with my Touch. A little older than the touch, but great sound. I'd replace my Sennheiser headphones and probably regard the rest as a chance to try something else.
Hibuck...

Depending on what turns up at local yard sales it might take a long time to replace the whole thing bur you can be sure thai I will have some interesting combinations. What there is is what I can get!

Back
Top Bottom