What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Which one do you have, the Ikea or the BH&G? Same question for you. Is yours put together with added glue and a baker panel or is it straight factory.

No pull out canvas bins for me. Bob. Those are add-on's and not conducive to album storage. :rflmao:

Yes, I put a drop of wood glue in each hole, And added a finished ply backing painted white. I'll get a pic up as soon as room is lighter. Very strong shelf, No bowing from weight, I hate that.

Just worked out that the IKEA Kallax 4x4 will comfortably hold 1280 LPs.

With the right dividers, it should hold about the same number of CDs.

Tempting...

If your handy with a saw, Just split the cubbies in half. You could use those "L" shaped supporters, Maybe in black, And have double the storage. Use some nice finished maple or something, To offset the while. That would be very cool.

More 80's stuff while researching what to replace the Vifa 3/4inch tweeters with next.
Ribbons i put in fried so they're in the trash and ($700+) JBL horns are out of the question for at least another year.
The beauty of the "poor man's JBL" is that the LE12c driver already carries its own LE20 2in paper cone tweeter (with its own XO) that has decent midrange but drops off rapidly above @10Khz. I've never disliked paper cone mids really, but always thought they sucked as high end tweeters.That's where a bomb-proof tweeter comes in. JBL made their 70's cabinets super heavy duty and real-world workable for experimentation with different drivers as needed. Just a round hole cut in the baffle.
Any suggestions out there what a good 8Ohm tweeter is out there that'll handle 50 watts or so? JBL's aren't super power hungry as are Infinities and EMIT-R Kappa's are all 4Ohm afaik (I do love EMIT tweeters).
View attachment 1114241

How bout the LE-25, Used in various Vintage JBL's including my former L-100's. Pretty smooth with foam diffraction ring. I remember the JBL rep talked me into doing a popular upgrade to a Ti version...Same crossover..It was terrible. Put this back in. All good. Should be a good match

49b6af63382dd68ac3d291486085a8f034d507d7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom