Anyone heard the Triton Five?

Restless

Heya,

I saw that GoldenEar has yet another new Triton model, the so called "Five". I've read a review claiming this one is even better than the Triton One and was wondering if anyone had the oppertunity to listen to these Five's.

As I understand they are a little wider, and have bigger midrange drivers and no "race-track" passive radiotors or drivers but just plain-old round ones. He said it's more balanced than the Triton One.

Cheers!

I've owned 3A Sigs, 2CE Sigs, Treos and a pair of 2WQ subs. I still have the last three. I have owned Vandersteen's since 1999.

I've owned 3A Sigs, 2CE Sigs, Treos and a pair of 2WQ subs. I still have the last three. I have owned Vandersteen's since 1999.

I've never had the opportunity to listen to them. I feel like with these "new" 609 Tannoy's I've come a step closer of getting away from Low/Mid-End :).

I'm so curious how the whole Triton line sounds, have you auditioned any of them?

Never heard them as the closest dealer is over five hours away. I did however go ahead and pre-order a pair of the Triton 5's to see what they sound like. Dealer I talked to confirmed mid-March for the first batch and then 60 more days before a second shipping.

And, did anyone hear them yet? I heard some stores already have them :). I'm curious how these match up against Triton Two's, they say the midrange is better.

And, did anyone hear them yet? I heard some stores already have them :). I'm curious how these match up against Triton Two's, they say the midrange is better.

You could start here:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1215469-goldenear-technologies-anticipation-thread.html

One of the biggest GoldenEar Tech threads, that I've found. But, at 102 pages, you might want to start-from-the-back, for Five info. Since they're so new (if even available yet?).

Also, I've heard Triton Three's. But, I wouldn't think it fair to comment on the sound. The store set-up was bad, with corner placement of the speakers, and the sub bass level set way too high... For me at least... I didn't know the source material either. Next time, I'll definitely bring my own music!

You could start here:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1215469-goldenear-technologies-anticipation-thread.html

One of the biggest GoldenEar Tech threads, that I've found. But, at 102 pages, you might want to start-from-the-back, for Five info. Since they're so new (if even available yet?).

Also, I've heard Triton Three's. But, I wouldn't think it fair to comment on the sound. The store set-up was bad, with corner placement of the speakers, and the sub bass level set way too high... For me at least... I didn't know the source material either. Next time, I'll definitely bring my own music!

Is the woofer powerful enough on the Three?

Is the woofer powerful enough on the Three?

I wish I could tell you yes, but I'm not sure. I really need to go back to the shop, for a more extended listen, with music I know. I want to get a better sense of their dynamics, and bass extension. Plus, I'll bring some music with an electronic flavor. Maybe some of my "Yello" CDs. Even some "Art of Noise". While not dance, it should be close! :thmbsp:

Oh yea, the same shop has a pair of Aon's set-up (not sure if they were the 2 or 3s). But, I'll listen to them too. That would give me an idea of maybe how they would sound compared to the Triton Threes, and if the Fives might have enough bass on their own?

Last edited:
I wish I could tell you yes, but I'm not sure. I really need to go back to the shop, for a more extended listen, with music I know. I want to get a better sense of their dynamics, and bass extension. Plus, I'll bring some music with an electronic flavor. Maybe some of my "Yello" CDs. Even some "Art of Noise". While not dance, it should be close! :thmbsp:

Oh yea, the same shop has a pair of Aon's set-up (not sure if they were the 2 or 3s). But, I'll listen to them too. That would give me an idea of maybe how they would sound compared to the Triton Threes, and if the Fives might have enough bass on their own?

THanks! And yeah I like "90125" the cd :). Let me know if you have listened :D. Maybe I'll go listen to the Mythos ST-L from DefTech, the shop is around thecorner here.

Back
Top Bottom