Audio Absurdity Award Goes To....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not mind having that in my system. The post reminds me of giving someone a gold bar and they complain it's too heavy to carry home.

Gryphon makes incredible gear. Oh, and my attic is full of all the boxes that came with my gear and speakers and any other electronics.

Biggest power amp I ever saw.
Looks like it is quite advanced and all, must be an awesome feeling opening that up!

Man...can you even imagine listening to some "Heavy Metal" applying this amp! :bigok:

And the speakers that would be suitable/appropriate for this power gear?

Q

In one of my early engineering classes, we were given the weekend to design and build a bridge that would span 2 ft. and carry a pre-specified load. The lightest bridge would be the winner.

It was a class of about 100 freshman so there were quite a variety of designs.

The most memorable for me was the kid who had the heaviest bridge. As the weight was loaded on it by the professor, it started to buckle, this poor kid had brought to school with him a pre-cut broom handle that he placed mid-span under the bridge to keep it from collapsing.

:crazy:

Last edited:
This 500-pound monster amplifier from Gryphon. The Apex seen here being unpacked by two geezers. Then you have to store a gigantic crate somewhere!

Unless I’m completely mistaken, there’s a member here with a pair of monoblocks that weigh 300 lbs each, ie 100 total lbs more than the Apex. And two boxes to store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom