Do not know who made these Eico tubes but very happy

Hard to see but looks like the top of the glass has the raised 'X' shaped seam. Most of my Matsushita tubes have that.

If they're Valvo or Philips, there will be acid etch codes towards the bottom of the glass,

Here's an example from a pair of Valvo EL84's that I have

Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 8.24.43 PM.png

They are not acid etched. Quote Crang said, "has the raised 'X' shaped seam" Yes. Just barely there on the X, but not raised,

They are not acid etched. Quote Crang said, "has the raised 'X' shaped seam" Yes. Just barely there on the X, but not raised,
One seam will be obvious. The perpendicular one faint. Classic Matsushita made tube. EXCELLENT tubes.

matsushita 12AX7 top crosshatch (1).jpg

If its a Seimens, it may be on a tag inside the tube. I've seen that crimped on up top, usually a little silver colored flag. Doesn't look like I see one in yours though.

I thought I saw an “r” code at the bottom etched into the glass? Small case r is Canadian Philips IIRC.

the Phillips tube code translation matrix can get real confusing. Somewhere I've got the long pdf with all of the codes and tube types. Nice that it exists so a mystery tube can be identified though. Their silkscreen paint was some seriously wimpy stuff.

the Phillips tube code translation matrix can get real confusing. Somewhere I've got the long pdf with all of the codes and tube types. Nice that it exists so a mystery tube can be identified though. Their silkscreen paint was some seriously wimpy stuff.
it can get difficult. its like speaking a language, and it can get confusing. i dont speak it, but i know enough keywords and telltale structural tells that many tubes are an easy ID.

Looking closer, I'd guess Matsushita or Amperex (Holland).

See how the slots in the plates are staggered? Two ridges in the plates.

If there are no etchings at the base of the plate, then prolly Matsushita.

Amperex_EL84_(Holland)_kM4_delta_0D1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom