I’M BACK! And I bring a new project with me. Project Morse.

Tube King

Things have been busy on the homefront and I haven’t been able to spend the time with the good people of AK that I would have liked. THANKFULLY my subscribed threads caught me up on a lot of the stuff I was following but I can’t even fathom what I have missed.

Now onto the project.

Since I just found out Evan has passed on, I decided to shelve these speakers and build the Indignias full out. He spent the time organizing this endeavor, and the good people here on AK spent the time designing these speakers. I should take full advantage of that good karma and put it to good use.

My order with PE has been made. To be continued ...

I picked up a set of what I now know are Morse speakers. I plugged them in and they sounded HORRIBLE. I say $7 well spent for a decently built cabinet. I now have an attractive speaker cabinet I can either turn into an Insignia or maybe build a second set of E-waves … though these are small bookshelf speakers so I’m leaning more towards Insignias.

Insignia

Crossover Schematic and Parts list

Zilch Crossover board

If anyone has some opinions about their build they would like to share AKA I wish I would have(s), new speaker projects that I don't know about YET, etc please let me know before I start buying parts.

Disclaimer:
The speakers in the picture are not mine, it is a picture I found on a Google search and only represent the type of speaker I purchased.

Attachments

• Morse electrophonic_speakers1.jpg
    Morse electrophonic_speakers1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Since I just found out Evan has passed on, I decided to shelve these speakers and build the Indignias full out. He spent the time organizing this endeavor, and the good people here on AK spent the time designing these speakers. I should take full advantage of that good karma and put it to good use.

My order with PE has been made. To be continued ...

Things have been busy on the homefront and I haven’t been able to spend the time with the good people of AK that I would have liked. THANKFULLY my subscribed threads caught me up on a lot of the stuff I was following but I can’t even fathom what I have missed.

Now onto the project.

I picked up a set of what I now know are Morse speakers. I plugged them in and they sounded HORRIBLE. I say $7 well spent for a decently built cabinet. I now have an attractive speaker cabinet I can either turn into an Insignia or maybe build a second set of E-waves … though these are small bookshelf speakers so I’m leaning more towards Insignias.

Insignia

Crossover Schematic and Parts list

Zilch Crossover board

If anyone has some opinions about their build they would like to share AKA I wish I would have(s), new speaker projects that I don't know about YET, etc please let me know before I start buying parts.

Disclaimer:
The speakers in the picture are not mine, it is a picture I found on a Google search and only represent the type of speaker I purchased.
Also sold under the name Electrophonic and Soundesign. What a blast from the past.

Back
Top Bottom