It's time again. The Twin Cities "mini-fest" date is set.

doucanoe

Registered Audio Abuser
Hey AK boy's and girls. I have a date set for my spring audio get-together. Last year it was a small affair but it looks like I have all Saturday, June 14th to play with audio, meet new people and burn some burgers.

Last years event was a more of an unannounced gathering of local audio knuckleheads numbering about 10-14. This year, it would be nice to see a few new faces if people are interested.

I spoke with mjarve yesterday and it appears that he would like to attend this year. Yes you heard that right, we might even have an mjarve sighting!

Weather permitting, systems will be outside as well as in with opportunity to mix and match you own speakers and electronics with other people’s offerings if you choose to bring a few things.

Participants would be encouraged to bring along their own adult refreshments and a handful of cables, back up CD players or misc. amps and pre's. Maybe a bag of chips or a bowl of Mom's "Famous" potato salad. I will provide the burgers, dogs, sodas and whatnot.

If the date works for you and you are thinking of attending, let me know here or drop me a PM.

I look forward to meeting more of you guys this year so hopefully the date works :thmbsp:

Big or small, Saturday June 14th is the date.

RC

I'm game.....I bet I could convince Dennydog to tag along. 'Like to thank Stereoholic personally for that great lil G-4500. I got plenty of gear to bring to the swap table too....

Well...... I can make it I think.

I can get some Johnsonville stuff if you like.

Now I really need to get off my butt and get those Jordan's done for the get together. A deadline always helps me complete something.

Now to find a way to get those 5' x 5' plywood sheets home. One of the few times I wish I drove a pickup.

crap, scheduled for the lake that weekend. I can probably offer up some Bottlehead gear for the weekend though.

I don't think I have anything planned that weekend? Maybe I can even pay you for that Pioneer tuner and pick it up! :D

What to bring, what to bring....... Any suggestions? :scratch2:

Retro

Hey Guys, looks like we are off to a good start! I'm hoping that everybody that wants to come can make it.

Maybe we can start discussing gear and who might be bringing what in the upcoming days. I plan on assembling some door prizes from the basement of doom inventory :D

Redboy, yes of course, all toys are very welcome.

Retro, a fine example from the Pioneer line up would be very cool.

Gary, a pair or two of your creations would be fab. and the Johnsonville offering would be much appreciated. If the building climate around these parts, I might just need some to feed the family :D

I think between all of us, we should be able to run out some cool gears from solid state to tube.

Anyone else having interesting and even not so interesting ( I have a few myself) feel free to bring anything you like :thmbsp:

Hopefully the weather will behave itself and we will have a great day!

RC

Count me in.

Maybe we could come up with a couple things to auction off to benefit AK. This went over well at Jaymanna's get together.

The door prize thing would be fun too. Have everyone bring something they can donate then everyone leaves with something. Anything from an lp or tape to a tape deck or equalizer would work.

Denny

Count me in.

Maybe we could come up with a couple things to auction off to benefit AK. This went over well at Jaymanna's get together.

The door prize thing would be fun too. Have everyone bring something they can donate then everyone leaves with something. Anything from an lp or tape to a tape deck or equalizer would work.

Denny

I like that idea.

RC

Good idea Denny!

I'm thinking about putting together one of my creations as a prize.:scratch2:

Count me in.

Denny

I have plenty of spare gear to bring something for both an AK benefit auction and door prize...:music: Great idea, Denny! :thmbsp:

I don't think I have anything planned that weekend? Maybe I can even pay you for that Pioneer tuner and pick it up! :D

What to bring, what to bring....... Any suggestions? :scratch2:

Retro

I'm bringing lots of guns. Remember -- they don't kill people, I do.

dew.

Things I could bring depending on interest:

• My 2A3 amp
  • Olson clone
  • Harry Haller passive pre (the cheap one)
  • CAT-5 cables
  • MC30s
  • ejfud's Stromberg Carlson integrated
  • a current tube project that should be done by then...
  • beer

Back
Top Bottom