JBL Decade L26

husq2100

Hi all,

This is my first post here. Yes I did search, but must not be doing something right as it resulted in zero! Funny since my google search of JBL Decade L26 lead me to this forum :banana:

I have just picked up some L26 cabinets with the cross overs. Hoping to pick up the drivers from the same source soon.

My question , the tube vent in these is PVC. Is this original? I could not find any pictures on the net so far.

cheers
Serg

Serg

Welcome to the forum. I do not know anything about the L-26. Using the search engine above I came up with 10 post. I didn't read them. There seams to be a lot of information out there on them. I would not think the material that the tube is made of would matter but the length would.
Ed

Hi all,

This is my first post here. Yes I did search, but must not be doing something right as it resulted in zero! Funny since my google search of JBL Decade L26 lead me to this forum :banana:

I have just picked up some L26 cabinets with the cross overs. Hoping to pick up the drivers from the same source soon.

My question , the tube vent in these is PVC. Is this original? I could not find any pictures on the net so far.

cheers
Serg

The vent tube is cardboard on my pair. It's possible JBL changed that over the production run, though.

FWIW, I have port on mine fitted with a psuedo 'Zilch plug' i.e. some foam rubber, which extends the bass response a bit lower and reduces the boominess.

You can search AK for 'Zilch plug' and read about it.

Thanks guys,

I must be doing something wrong, as when I type in "JBL L26" I to the search link above (between New Posts and Quick Links) I get Zero results match....

I was thinking they may have changed at some point, but I think these enclosures are early as the lable says " Decade 26" and the model is "L26". Plus the "PVC" tube is still white/grey. I would have thought it be painted black?

cheers
Serg

Thanks guys,

I must be doing something wrong, as when I type in "JBL L26" I to the search link above (between New Posts and Quick Links) I get Zero results match....

I was thinking they may have changed at some point, but I think these enclosures are early as the lable says " Decade 26" and the model is "L26". Plus the "PVC" tube is still white/grey. I would have thought it be painted black?

cheers
Serg

Yeah there is some problem with AK search...just use Google and add audiokarma to the search terms

I did use the ,Search AK with Google ,works for me
Ed

I was using the top box to type in, ie the "search forums" section. I even tried advanced search. I got better results when I used the lower box (search google with AK) in the normal search function.

Sorry, I didnt know to do that. I would have thought that searching within the forum with AK own search engine be the best way.

All good. Ill post back when I get the drivers. Im waiting on a quote for some veneered MDF. This will be a slow project.

cheers
Serg

Back
Top Bottom