Kenwood KA-8300 or KA-7100

mcfl

I just purchased from Ebay a Kenwood KA-8300 and a Ka-7100 with the idea of keeping one and re-sale the other .
My question is this, since I do not have familiarity with vintage amps what do you recommend I should keep the ka-8300 or ka-7100

Music quality is what I am looking for and need an amp that can play the best of my Ipod player.

Thanks

welcome to audiokarma

it is better to hear them when they come and decide which one you like the most, both are well regarded amps so let your ears make the decision :)

Thank you for your reply, this forum is fantastic and I am learning so much.

I will follow your advice to make a desicion but I am leaning towards the KA-8300 since it is more powerfull than the KA-7100 but not sure until I listen to both.
What speakers will you recommend that will be a good match to these amps, right now I have a pair of Klipsch Reference RB-61 II that I use with my NAD C 316BEE integrated amp and sound pretty good

Whatever sounds good to you. You are the one that will have to listen :yes: .
enjoy the music :music:

John M

I had both the KA-7100 and KA-3500 at the same time and even though the 7100 was more powerful I liked the 3500 more for it's sound, one thing the 8300 has going for it other than power is that it has pre outs which the 7100 doesnt, I dont think the extra watts is going to make an audible difference simply because it isn't enough of an increase. For every doubling in power you only gain 3db in volume for example.

REGARDS JIM

Back
Top Bottom