Klipsch New LaScala

When Klipsch designs something and works to get the sound they want - it’s “Klipsch”.

When you design something and work it to get the sound you want - it’s not Klipsch.

But this is normal

Klipsch designed it's Klipsch

You designed, it's you

If I design a car it will not be Ferrari.

You designed, it's you

Absolutely. Especially when it outperforms Klipsch in every way. Proven by distortion measurements at a wide flat bandwidth, with 4 way systems using the best of Modern Driver Technology.
Not Klipsch is a good thing, unless you can afford the new Jubilees, and even then, it's possible to do one better with the right knowledge and modern computer tools to save sawdust and expensive lumber.

But this is normal

Klipsch designed it's Klipsch

You designed, it's you

That reminds me of the story about how Ferrari's unwillingness to listen (or act on) customer suggestions about how to improve their cars led to the creation of Lamborghini automobiles.

Ferruccio Lamborghini became a successful tractor manufacturer in Italy after WWII. Wanting a high performance car, he bought a Ferrari 250GT in 1958. Dismayed by a recurrent issue with its clutch, he found that Ferrari's clutch was the exact same one he used in his tractors. He complained about that to Enzo Ferrari, apparently telling him "Ferrari, your cars are rubbish!". Ferrari was furious and blasted him saying "Lamborghini, you may be able to drive a tractor but you will never be able to handle a Ferrari properly." According to Lamborghini "This was the point when I finally decided to make a perfect car." After that, Ferrari and Lamborghini never spoke again.

Well you know those Eye-Talians can be stubborn and ferocious. Look at the Italian mobs...

Well you know those Eye-Talians can be stubborn and ferocious. Look at the Italian mobs...
My best friend and speaker builder just left here after listening to my speakers. Love the guy like an older brother, and yes, he's an arrogant Italian for sure. I just know how to handle his behavior with 50 years experience!

Speaking of Klipsch/not Klipsch lascalas, I disassembled my (soon to be) 4-way JubPeavey’s to put them in the shop so I’ll be more motivated to finish the boxes. (I did get the Prv d2000h for the mid and the W6 woofers to build the tapped horn)

So the 904’s and their new KPT-335 based NawScala center channel brother went into the theater/listening room (I’m so sore, but that under tv fitment tho!) - this pro lascala cabinet was given to me in terrible shape and Hale’s originally from an arcade in Amarillo (they wrote so on the inside of the doghouse haha) so woodfiller, duratex, and left over components created the best center channel I’ve ever heard.

Attachments

• IMG_2551.jpeg
    IMG_2551.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2606.jpeg
    IMG_2606.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2636.jpeg
    IMG_2636.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 21
JubPeavey’s to put them in the shop so I’ll be more motivated to finish the boxes.
No such thing as a Jube with a Peavey bass bottom. What makes a Jube (short for Jubilee) is THE bass HORN, not a k510 on top or K-402 (I have both) med tweeter part. I also have well as a second pair of modified Jube-clone bass bins with 3 K-31's inside, which I will, rightfully, call Super Jubes.

Roy himself admitted to making the "mistake" of naming a "Jube Scala" when he put a 510 on one LaScala bin, creating the mass confusion in the process.

Paul Klipsch is the one that came up with the name Jubilee primarily because it outperformed his original Klipschorn in measurement AND Listening (once he heard it, is whan he named it). 50 years after he designed his X2 prototype bass horn that became known as the Trademarked Klipschorn.

No such thing as a Jube with a Peavey bass bottom. What makes a Jube (short for Jubilee) is THE bass HORN, not a k510 on top or K-402 (I have both) med tweeter part. I also have well as a second pair of modified Jube-clone bass bins with 3 K-31's inside, which I will, rightfully, call Super Jubes.

Roy himself admitted to making the "mistake" of naming a "Jube Scala" when he put a 510 on one LaScala bin, creating the mass confusion in the process.

Paul Klipsch is the one that came up with the name Jubilee primarily because it outperformed his original Klipschorn in measurement AND Listening (once he heard it, is whan he named it). 50 years after he designed his X2 prototype bass horn that became known as the Trademarked Klipschorn.
I agree with you completely. But I’ve caught flack for everything else I’ve tried to call it around here. There’s enough of us on here now that have built some version of this same thing that we need to just agree on a name

You can name it whatever you want. It's your speaker. I'm just pointing out the history. Paul Klipsch named all of his speass akers, including the Jubilee for the bass bin not what sits on top of it, which varied in the Theater line up, now in the Jubilee 75 with a new designed with the same name driven by the bottom bin.

Back
Top Bottom