New Dual Idler Wheels from Canada

Motor rebuilt, linkages cleaned and dressed appropriately. Auto start works again (got lazy, it's been a year or so), and the burn in is ongoing.

As a side note, the contacts in the arm have come unglued. Or were unglued. What's the accepted solution here? Little hot glue? Leave it? It's staying in place so nothing is my current plan.

The new idler is very nice. Looking forward to a listen this evening.

Now I want one for my 4hf...

Love to see when companies step in to offer quality parts to support our vibrant hobby with unobtainable parts. Based on all of the feedback on this post, I’ll definitely support them when the need arises! Just wish I could order new clutch parts for my Pioneer cassette decks! That’d be a good business for someone with a highly accurate “printable parts” apparatus! I keep waiting/hoping!

I gotta ”hand” it to them, it’s a beautiful part! :rflmao:

IMG_0442.jpeg

Figured I should report back. Break in didn't seem to do much, but I think it was good for the newly lubed motor at least. That bottom bearing was so dry. Glad I stopped running it.

New wheel sounds very good so far. Bout 10 hours in. Background noise is inaudible. I'm pleased. I have two original idlers in good condition, one is a later version with a narrower contact edge. This new idler sounds much like the earlier, wider contact wheel. Lovely low end slam.

I'll add in a recommendation for these wheels. I've yet to try a vom rebuild.

Of course now my beloved beta ii has dropped a channel, think it's the volume control.

??? What are you referring to with "beta ii?" I'm thinking of the Nikko equipment a friend has, but just curious?
Yes exactly. I did a full recap a few years back and it's been rock solid, except the volume control seems to be iffy on the right channel, which has now dropped out. It's either that or one of the pairs inside got tired.

Aha, thanks! My friend’s was having similar issues and I just took it apart, deoxidized with D5 and followed with some tuner lube. Working like a charm since…..

Back
Top Bottom