Restoration services near Madison WI or Chicago IL for a SX-1250?

wingman0121

I just bought a SX-1250 in good working and cosmetic condition and I want to get it fully checked over and all the capacitors replaced, but I really don't want to ship this receiver in fear that it'll arrive broken. Are there any AKers or a reputable shop in the southern Wisconsin or northern Illinois area that has the knowledge to fully restore a SX-1250?

I've restored several x50 Pioneers including a couple of 1250's. I would be interested, but probably not until I retire in about 4 months...

There are not many (if ANY) recommended repair facilities in MadTown. Don't consider Video Lab in Rockford (IMO). The NW 'burbs might offer a couple possibilities, and there might be 1 of 2 in Brew Town. There was a place in Racine/Kenosha but I think they are now closed.

Aside from that, shipping may be the remaining option - Or doing it yourself. .

To be honest I don't feel comfortable doing it myself plus I'm not knowledgeable enough to check all the other components, I could ship it but that'll be last resort since I really don't want to ship something like this.

I don't blame you a bit. I cringe when receiving anything by shipment, and try to pack like nitroglycerine when shipping. Look through the Packing and Shipping forum for reasons why. I'd never ship a 1250 if I could avoid it. You are within an hour or so drive to several places where service might be available - Not counting the 45 minutes you'll be stuck in Block 89...

Back
Top Bottom