St. Louis Spring Fever gathering... March 28

The red beans are simmering, and everything for the jambalaya is chopped up and ready to jump into the pot. We will have some vintage 45 tubes to drop in the SET amps, and Liam is warming up his mono stereo already and is all excited! It's gameday!!

can't wait to see some pic's of how the St. Louis AK'ers party

although the warning of Single MAlt and the SET 45 amp was telling :D

Gentlemen,
Sorry I couldn't be with you today. As I was preparing to leave this morning our 14 year old son (diabetic) developed and urgent medical condition requiring an ambulance. Spent the day in an emergency room. Got home tonight around 7pm. All ended well.

I'd wished I could have met you all and I know you will all understand.

Dave thanks for your prayers and look forward to meeting you all in person some day soon. Sorry I missed a day of education, new found friendships, and great sound.

Talk with you all later.
Keith

PS I was going to share a VERY embarrassing story about about my "meter" problem. Hint it had a lot to do with the "stereo/mono" switch on the back of the amp. Oh well I only spent about 8 hours messing with it. Hope you will all forget this story by the time I meet you.

I was a bum and forgot my camera here at the house. I'm waiting for Dave to send the pics he took so I can post them.

Nikko, I hope your son is doing well and I look forward to meeting you at the next gathering.

I sure do wish I had my camera with me as I missed documenting S.D. 4x4'n his Volvo wagon :D

An excellent time was had. Had several folks from the Gateway Audio Society (on AudioCirles) That I had not met in person yet. Sheltie has a few amazing tube amp and speaker combos.

Lots of excellent people, music, food and drink. Can't wait for the next StL meet.

Thanks Rex, son is fine as of today, we had quite a scare.

Do you all meet at other times of the year or just in the spring. Seems ashame I'd have to wait a whole year to meet all of you.

Nikko, glad to hear that your son is ok.

As always, thanks to Dave and Colleen for hosting a wonderful event. The Jambalaya was to die for, as was the company and Dave's various setups. My friend, you truly have a museum and should be proud. Saw lots of friends again and met some new ones.

We usually have the "event" once a year in the spring. However, Dave's son, Liam is already up for another one. Bouncin' off the walls.:yes:

Maybe we will have to have another one this summer...........I could even talk to the wife about our place.......:scratch2:

It is picture time!

Hopefully...
DSCN0721.jpg

DSCN0722.jpg

DSCN0723.jpg

DSCN0724.jpg

DSCN0725.jpg

DSCN0726.jpg

DSCN0727.jpg

DSCN0728.jpg

DSCN0731.jpg

DSCN0732.jpg

DSCN0733.jpg

DSCN0734.jpg

DSCN0735.jpg

DSCN0737.jpg

That is indeed Bob, in between Ken and Sam.

He's the one that got me into upgrading my Panasonic thrusters into something better. :yes::music:

He also gave me a tour of KFUO on my 13th birthday, and I have thought about it ever since, and would love to go back sometime.

I know him thru friend who is active in the christian science community and another friend of mine went to his wedding. :)

Is that a Nikko crossover I spotted? Did you throw that in the photo just for me? Cool equipment, wish I could have heard it all.

Of course we threw it in just for you! :yes:

We had 25 folks come through, so it was a decent turnout. We gained as many locals who could not do yard work as we lost travelors blocked by the snow up north.

Everything sounds better with prescription pills (note bottle in several pics).:yes: Better living through chemistry.:thmbsp:

Everything sounds better with prescription pills (note bottle in several pics).:yes: Better living through chemistry.:thmbsp:

Unfortunately those bottle were all filled with small screws. Dave was holdin' out on the good stuff:yes::D:banana:

Back
Top Bottom