Who made Fisher tube era transformers

stormking

Anyone know who made Fishers tube power transformers, specifically for the 55A model? Any help would be appreciated.

I think somewhere in the fisher stickies is a list, by numbers, who made what when. I'm sure larryderouin will shine light on this after he sees your post. He seems to have all that info, as he decoded the iron in my 500c's. That guy, along with Dave Gillespie & a few others, are walking encyclopedias.

Look on the Endbells for a 6 or 7 digit number with a 2nd row of numbers below it. If they are on the Transformer endbells write them down and post here. The 1st line is the EIA Code (manufacturer ID and Week/year built) with 2nd line usually an internal Part #. The eia code breakes down to 3 digit being the manufacturer ID, and the last 4 being the week and year code. Fairly easy to decode.

The tranny company Todd Electric, famous for their opt iron in Fairchild and Fisher, as well as early stereo era Madison Fielding gear will have an EIA # beginning with 926----Usually, the Todd opts are super fine, very HiFi items...

Back
Top Bottom